Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The main problem I see there is that Christmas at Disney would actually be cold! No sir, don't like it.

As a rule Florida is not so battered by hurricanes. The usual target is somewhere on the border between NC and SC. As a part time Floridian and long time Carolinian I guess I'm just out of luck.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Four Mad Men said:
The main problem I see there is that Christmas at Disney would actually be cold! No sir, don't like it.
Yeah, I don't think I'll go for that trade either. Besides, there's nowhere you can go that nature can't get you, one way or another. At least with hurricanes, you know they're coming.
As a rule Florida is not so battered by hurricanes.
Really! I would expect to go several decades before something like this hurricane season happens again. In fact, I wonder if it has ever happened here before in recorded history ...

Qapla'

SSB

·
Registered
194 Posts
When I was living in Southern California, a large tornado struck my home state of Oklahoma. Large enough to make the national news and it came very close to my mother's house. LOTS and LOTS of people kept asking me how people can live there if that happens all the time. I would usually reply "How can you live in California if the earthquakes are gonna make it fall off into the sea?"

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
I though living in the middle of Alabama was safe from hurricanes.All we usually have are tornados, and thats bad enought. Ivan that frisky russian did not stay long to sight
see, good thing!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quintillus said:
When I was living in Southern California, a large tornado struck my home state of Oklahoma.
Where in Okie-land are you from?

·
Registered
194 Posts
beeblebrox said:
Where in Okie-land are you from?
Midwest City, about 1 mile north of Tinker AFB.

A side note to others: when that F5 tornado went through, it touched down and basically stayed down for miles at a time. There was this very recognizable path that all the new choppers liked to show. That path passed about 1/2 mile from my mom. Houses were just GONE. No rubble or anything, just foundations. Her house though was fine, as was all of the neighbors. AMAZING!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
When I was 5 years old I watched one eat a grain elevator about a block from my house in Enid. Don't ever need to be that close to one again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts