Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
January 12, 1966 (41 years ago today) Batman aired on TV replacing the long running "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet". Does anyone remember Ricky Nelson from the show that Batman replaced?

Well, having a little fun with the camera I spotted Batman coming out of White Tower spotting a "Futuristic Car" that gave Batman an idea for a new Batmobile. He spotted the car that gave him the idea for a new Batmobile in the summer of 1965. George Barris was picked to make the new Batmobile.

THE REST IS HISTORY!

Hope you enjoyed my sickness with Batman.

Thanks for the look.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
60sMetal said:
Homie better watch out! Nice pic.
He was the only one available at the time I took the pic.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DadsCoronet said:
Very entertaining pic, STUTZ! Guess Batman stopped in for a bite and then ...it's off to the paint and body shop!!
Thanks DadsCoronet, and Batman thanks you too! :p

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Batman sometimes stopped for a bite...remember the episode where Batman and Robin pulled into a drive in and the waitress recommended the Bat-Burger? He ordered two of these burgers, plus large orange juices for himself and Robin.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Dragnet_Supporter said:
Batman sometimes stopped for a bite...remember the episode where Batman and Robin pulled into a drive in and the waitress recommended the Bat-Burger? He ordered two of these burgers, plus large orange juices for himself and Robin.
I can't remember that episode Dragnet Supporter. I think I'm going to order all the entire series of Batman from 1966-1968 on DVD.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I have most of them taped up on VHS from years ago, but I plan to buy them uncut one fine day if they are out on DVD. I'm not sure exactly which episode that's from, but I remember that scene because I went through most of my Batman tapes last year and rewatched them.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I saw them online, but I didn't check the price. There were 2 episodes a week for the first year or two I believe.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
One of those deals, eh? Hopefully they will start putting them out in entire seasons. If they can put out Gilligan's Island, why can't they release Batman. I did see another of my favorite 60's shows is finally coming out this fall. All five seasons of Get Smart is finally going to make an appearance. And for those that can't wait, Time/Life is offering them now at about $200 for the entire series with extras never before seen. Each episode introduced by Barbara Feldon.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I also remember Ozzie and Harriet or even David and Ricky (their sons). But I never missed an episode of Batman. Years later I read where Robin (Burt Ward) commented that he always had hold of the front windshield of the Batmobile in most of the scene's due to the brakes not always working correctly on the Batmobile.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dragnet_Supporter said:
I have most of them taped up on VHS from years ago, but I plan to buy them uncut one fine day if they are out on DVD. I'm not sure exactly which episode that's from, but I remember that scene because I went through most of my Batman tapes last year and rewatched them.
Here's the link to the Batman episodes Dragnet Supporter.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059968/episodes

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RobDog said:
I did the same thing with a vcr that edited out the commercials.

A quick google search shows, you can get a 7 DVD set,(commercial edited,)all episodes of TV's 66 series"Batman"

http://members.cox.net/collectortrading/shows/batman.htm

quality/liscencing is anybodys guess.
$34.99 for the 7 disc DVD set shipped isn't too bad Rob.

Thanks for the link, I may have to seriously think about getting this set.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RobDog said:
*oh yeah,I ended up buying what I thought was all the Green Hornet TV shows on disk.

Turns out,what I actually bought, were all the original "radio broadcast shows" on CD ROM.

dOH!:freak:

It's still cool but twice every episode,hearing that repetitious (violin bumblebee)theme song will drive you freakin mad!
That's funny Rob! :p

I saw the Batman DVD's of the entire series somewhere, but I can't find it now. The price wasn't listed, so I don't think that it was the same set that was on the link that you posted. I'll be patient and wait until I can find more information on the complete Batman episodes, or someone can post information here about them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts