Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may remember the board auction I had a few weeks ago, where I was selling a 1:24 custom JL Mustang to help raise money for our very own Stupid Squirrel's (beloved PIP master). This was to help with John's moving expenses, and thanks to our own Red Dwarf II for his winning bid! I know it ment a lot to John, and I think the box of goodies found a good home.

Well, now it looks like chapter two! A Hobby Talk member has sent me a beautful, rare 1970 Dodge Superbee RED TEST SHOT to sell on behalf of John. When I asked why not sell it himself, he simply reply was that he prefered to stay private. This had been a gift to him from the RC2 /JL team, and he did say he could provide validation to the winning bidder if they requested. WOW!!!!

There are a lot of great diecast boards out there, but none can top HT for just an amazing bunch of people! I have been instructed to sell this test shot on the Bay as to reach an even larger stage. I don't know how to link over there, but the listing number is 220071824809. But this post is more about how amazed I am that someone would do this than just the listing information.

I will post this on the correct auction thread. But being that this is 100% for John, ( I will pay all listing fees, and ALL money will be sent right to John) I wanted to let you all know that we are among some wonderful people! Thanks to this member who made this possible! :thumbsup: I will keep you all posted! :wave:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
That car should bring in some good coin for John. I'll have to check over on the bay and watch the progress. That HT member is a most generous person!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I totally agree the member that donated this car is a A++++++++++++++++++++ person in my book. Man what WONDERFUL PEOPLE THERE ARE HERE. STANG your one of the GREATS for doing this for Stupidsquirrels. Thats some heavy stuff dude.KUDOS to 69Stang for being such a GOOD HEARTED PERSON to help a fellow member out like that.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
We really have some great ppl on here!!!! I really hope this raises some serious cabbage for John, he really deserves a good break!!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
wow, you can't get better than that. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
That is really NICE of a fellow HT'er to help someone out like this , I got the same car at the FEST with the purchase of the fest girl nomad case :thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Very cool Test Shot!!!!!!

This ought to get the Mopar JL collectors very motivated!!!!!!!

I sense some good fortune in store for one of Hobby Talk's most generous and creative characters, one Mr. S. Squirrel :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I see this one going LARGE ;)

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Holy Cow folks....22 hours in and it's allready at $61.00! Carnut could be right on this one ( I guess there is a first time for everything...sincker) But this could "go large"!

And as for as the pay pal issue Dragnet, I am not set up with a pay pal account. This keeps my buying on a tight reign. By trading in cash only ( I even send MO's to our OLD's) it keeps me buying with my head and not my desire. But John has a pay pal account. Maybe it would be possible to pay him directly. I don't know how that works, but I will sak him.

On behalf of John and the donor...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
69Stang said:
Holy Cow folks....22 hours in and it's allready at $61.00! Carnut could be right on this one ( I guess there is a first time for everything...sincker) But this could "go large"!

And as for as the pay pal issue Dragnet, I am not set up with a pay pal account. This keeps my buying on a tight reign. By trading in cash only ( I even send MO's to our OLD's) it keeps me buying with my head and not my desire. But John has a pay pal account. Maybe it would be possible to pay him directly. I don't know how that works, but I will sak him.

On behalf of John and the donor...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Ward, check with John (by phone I suppose, he's not on the 'puter now) and see if he's OK with getting paid via PayPal. I suspect he would be okay with that, and you could alter the listing to reflect that PayPal is now accepted (allows more bidders into the pool, folks who only pay using PayPal). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Rich, I will call John today, but it would be to late to adjust the auction. But I agree, I can't imagine he would mind being paid directly.

As for changing the auction, once a bid has been placed, are you locked down? I can't remember. I would hope I could fly that info into the auction.

I have to work doubles today, but I will do my best to research and let you guys know what I come up with!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts