Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow.

That's all I can say.

I had a day like I haven't had in years!!!! The Die Cast Gods were smiling down on me today. Not only did I pull off the White Lightning "Hat Trick", but scored some other neat stuff as well.

Started off by talking myself into hitting a local TRU that has the night "floor" guy strip the pallets and stash the good stuff for his Dad to score in the morning. It was well past opening, so I figured "Vinnie" had already come and gone. Went to the JLs and found six new Zinger 5 packs...... hmmm, a fresh new case. Naw, Vinnie would have already found any good ones, especially ones with big puffy white tires. Third set in, there it was; a Corvair with the biggest set of marshmallow looking tires you've ever seen!!! My first ever white tire Zinger in the wild.

Later, I stopped at a Wal Mart that had apparently gotten the latest assortment which had clearly been picked over. There were the same old leftover Retro Camaro's, Torino's, and Oldsmobile's. I checked some of the other die cast, and decided to check out those peg warming Retro's just in case.

And there it was, I almost missed it; A maroon Torino with a very white interior!!!!

Later - in between customers throughout eastern Connecticut - I stopped at a favorite haunt of Dads Coronet and mine and scored the regular version of the new orange Tow Truck, and an unusual Matco truck. There were three of them, and two had the regular silver wheels that I've seen here on HT, but the third had red wheels. Wasn't aware of any variations in this casting.

I also had stopped at a Goodwill thrift shop and found several carded die cast cars, including a Racing Dreams Menard Indy car ($3.99, in a thrift shop!!!! ) and a couple other interesting cars. All were kind of pricey and they wouldn't make a package deal for all five, so I was about to leave when I suddenly turned over the Action Platinum Series 1997 John Force Firebird, and saw an original 1997 Action price sticker that said $15.00 !!! This one, at $3.99, came home with me :wave:

Later I ran into Dave Antonelli for the second time this week, and this time he had an "in person" RAOK for me. :)

I wasn't done yet, though. One last stop at my local Wally. I'd seen evidence of fresh "trucks" at many different Wally's today, so I thought I'd see if my local lame-o WM had gotten anything in (yeah, right. Once every three months is more like it). There it was, a fresh inner of the brand new Coke series, all twelve waiting to be hung on the pegs. One of them - a Dodge Charger - had a big ol' set of white tires on it.

A white Trifecta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, two and a half, sorta. :rolleyes:

Took that baby directly to a register, and the girl couldn't get it to scan. She was about to page someone from toys, and my heart sank. I've heard too many stories where the white is whisked away, never to be seen again. Thinking quickly, I grabbed that car and said "The kid is right over there, I'll go show it to him!!!!".

No way was I gonna let that stock clerk get his paws on this White! I stashed that bad boy where no one will find it, and after he enters the rest of them in the 'puter tonight, I'll pick up that bad Larry first thing in the AM ;)

The only thing missing today was I didn't get my $26 sealed sleeve of Auction Insanity cars with yet another WL in it. :( Oh well, maybe my luck will carry over tomorrow :wave:

I haven't had a day like this in forever!!!! Hunting is fun again :thumbsup: :dude:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Rich, congrats on the fun and the finds, I'm still 0 for 2007. What does the part about the AI cars mean? I ordered a sealed strip of 12 off the bay, got them in today, no WL but I have managed to trade for 3 WLs and have a fourth and possibly a fifth in the works. :thumbsup:

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Congrats, feel free to send me the Zinger WL from the box set. I would gladly trade a certaind BWF GD bus for it. ;)

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Puppycat said:
Congrats, feel free to send me the Zinger WL from the box set. I would gladly trade a certaind BWF GD bus for it. ;)
That 'Vair Zinger WL is a keeper, Brad. I love just looking at it. Makes me smile instantly :)

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CTWLSMIKE said:
Rich, congrats on the fun and the finds, I'm still 0 for 2007. What does the part about the AI cars mean? I ordered a sealed strip of 12 off the bay, got them in today, no WL but I have managed to trade for 3 WLs and have a fourth and possibly a fifth in the works. :thumbsup:
Won an auction for a sealed strip of Auction Insanity cars for $26 delivered (thanks to a heads up from Dave_anto364 ;) ) and waiting for it to arrive. Hopes are there's a white, but at $26 for 12 cars, who's gonna complain if there isn't??

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Won an auction for a sealed strip of Auction Insanity cars for $26 delivered (thanks to a heads up from Dave_anto364 ;) ) and waiting for it to arrive. Hopes are there's a white, but at $26 for 12 cars, who's gonna complain if there isn't??
Sounds like we bought from the same seller. :D

·
Registered
683 Posts
Great finds,hope your white is still there.Cameras everywhere ya know, watching your every move.Get a manager next time.An employee tried that crap with me one time,gee he does not work at that Target store anymore.Now he works at Toys-r-us.Great finds.Sometimes I wish I lived in the big city,well maybe I don't.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
in between customers throughout eastern Connecticut - I stopped at a favorite haunt of Dads Coronet and mine

HM! wonder if that is my spot also lol

ACE

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Sounds like a great day, Rich! I found a WL Zinger yesterday, too. The Mustang. But the only time I ever found three Whites in one day....they were Monopoly cars.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts