Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm back, this time with a Glow in the dark enterprise that was bungled up and damaged by R2. There was a huge hole in one nacelle end and the secondary hull was all warped (no pun intended).

I built this thinkg pretty much stock, the hard part was finding a Planet Killer with a Maw only around 8 feet wide to blast this thing a dead hulk and leave it with a dead crew.

I wanted a planted-blasted hunk of a base so I went to the alley out back and found a hunk of asphalt and a base was born.

This was the first time I ever used pastels to weather a ship. Also its not canon as to how it looks on the show, so sorry rivet counters, you'll just have to tough it out as you look at the pictures.

Also added was the dedication plaque from the Revell photo-etch product made by paragrafix.

Enjoy the pictures:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Very nice work!!!

My Constellation was built up using the old Thomas Models conversion kit. Nice to see this ship get some love, even though it always seems to be as a wreck...! ;)

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
I'm back, this time with a Glow in the dark enterprise that was bungled up and damaged by R2. There was a huge hole in one nacelle end and the secondary hull was all warped (no pun intended).

I built this thinkg pretty much stock, the hard part was finding a Planet Killer with a Maw only around 8 feet wide to blast this thing a dead hulk and leave it with a dead crew.

I wanted a planted-blasted hunk of a base so I went to the alley out back and found a hunk of asphalt and a base was born.

This was the first time I ever used pastels to weather a ship. Also its not canon as to how it looks on the show, so sorry rivet counters, you'll just have to tough it out as you look at the pictures.

Also added was the dedication plaque from the Revell photo-etch product made by paragrafix.

Enjoy the pictures:

Dang! Thats one fine piece of work there! You got lemons and made lemonaid!:)

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I find it fascinating the way you painted the upper sensor dome. Side angle shows it to be normal, where the upper angle shots make it appear to be a larger dome! I kind of like the idea of a larger dome.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Awesome job. Hats off to you for using the name plate from the bridge as a a creative name plate for the model! I love that it's even banged up and twisted. Really great job!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,274 Posts
It looks... doomed!

Nice job! I love the beat up dedication plaque.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not a waste, just what I wanted to do cause I think the glow gimmick is crap.

But if you feel so inclined, feel free Captain April, I'd love to see you try it.

·
Banned
3,969 Posts
Not a waste, just what I wanted to do cause I think the glow gimmick is crap.

But if you feel so inclined, feel free Captain April, I'd love to see you try it.
Just as soon as I can figure out how to go about it without going back on my stance that the AMT kit represents a different starship class (predating the Constitution class), then sure.

Suffice it to say that it won't be the Defiant.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just as soon as I can figure out how to go about it without going back on my stance that the AMT kit represents a different starship class (predating the Constitution class), then sure.

Suffice it to say that it won't be the Defiant.
Lol, you have too much time on your hands bud! Its close enough and only a model.

Thank you all for the kind words! It really means alot coming from such a wonderfully talented group of people.

And on another note I am scratching a doomsday machine, and I'm sorry to say, it will not be an exact replica of the wind sock dipped in cement, sorry to anyone who may get upset by that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts