Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very very long time ago I purchased two original USS Enterprise Command Bridge kits.

Finally this weekend I started playing with the kits and glued up a base floor ring. Much to my surprise once I had glued it up I realised that the alignment of the base ring is way off. The lower hemisphere seems OK but the the communication section is at a angle and the floor section of Captains chair and Navigation control isn't straight.

I kept going and marked the center line of each wall section and floor section and drilled holes and using nuts and bolts joined the pieces. Wow! Way off again!

This is going to take some figuring out to shim this kit to fit right. I seen several build ups of this kit over the years and no one ever mentioned how wonky it is.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Do you have any photo's?

It's a lousy kit, but I still love it. I have 2 old versions and one of the R2 updated kits. One day I'll get to them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Jimbo. Your first best approach is to tackle the turbo lift alcove, then the front viewscreen section.
Once those sections are things start to come together better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
When figuring out the lay out with you kit pieces, replace the view screen deck plate with one the instructions indicate
for the comm station where the helm and command chair attatches to. Add about a half an inch to the back end length of the
turbolift deck plate. Etc., etc.......... Its a bit of work, but once you start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts