Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the re-pop of the AMT Romulan Bird of Prey. I decided early on to try and light its nacelles up and the plasma weapons. this was kind of a big deal for me, mostly because I haven't really built a lit model before.

I learned alot on it, I have fiber optic on the plasma weapon but hey........................It didn't work cause I didn't anchor the red LED inside well enough and it moved away from the fiber optic.......lesson learned. The nacelles glow a nice blue.

I took some liberties with adding some additonal decals from other kits, mostly windows and some small bird of prey decals from the R2 D7 kit...........that sounded alot like a Star Wars droid "R2D7"

Anyways, end ramble...........

Heres some pictures of the dirty birdy, thats not too dirty.

Well thats it, I hope my next ventures are better done.

And yes the bird decal is slightly off, mostly because the dang pole in the middle was hard to work with.

By the way, R2 your bird decal was awful, it kept shattering all over the place on me. Not fun....

Take care everyone, and be careful with that hobby knife....

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Congrats! Looks nice with the lights. Slicing bigger decals like that bird into smaller, manageable sizes may help you in future efforts.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I like it. You made it more unique with your use of the raptor decal on the tailfin instead of the scallops. The engines light up really well.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
nice job on the old pig of a kit.

R2's improvements help but this subject deserves a whole new tool.

Great job on your engine lights, they look very nice, Shame about the plasma weapon.

Thanks for sharing the photo's.

I built one not to long ago and ended up doing a great deal of modifying/ reshaping. It helped a little.

·
Banned
718 Posts
nice job on the old pig of a kit.

R2's improvements help but this subject deserves a whole new tool.

Great job on your engine lights, they look very nice, Shame about the plasma weapon.

Thanks for sharing the photo's.

I built one not to long ago and ended up doing a great deal of modifying/ reshaping. It helped a little.
Personally, I have no problem with this kit... but only because I think of it as a different type of ship, not the ship seen on-screen. Maybe a larger variation in a similar configuration... like how the TOS Enterprise and the TNG Enterprise have similar, but very distinct, configurations.

To me, this is a bigger ship, while the ship seen in the original series is a smaller ship. (I think I stole that idea from FASA... where they had an "AMT-ish" larger ship...)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Very nice build! Love the lit up nacelles. That's a big bummer about the red LED that lights up the plasma gun, but still its a very nice build. Nothing to be ashamed of here! :eek:)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Very nice build! (Trust me, I feel your pain on the lighting front.).
It turned out to be something you should be proud of!

·
Registered
4 Posts
AMT Romulan B.O.P.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for my AMT Romulan B.O.P., original tailfin, & plasma cannon? Original or reissue, it doesn't matter. I need these two components to complete my B.O.P.. I thank you in advance and hope to hear from you soon.

Jeff:wave:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts