Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I thought those Episode 1 kits were great looking and very well made. I wish they had made different Pod Racers after Anakins. The Gungan sub was really neat as well. That STAP is impressive coming from Ertl, pretty big too. Its a toss up for fav kit, the Tank or STAP.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Oh Okay,Thanks now if they would rerelease the TIE Fighters (on the Death Star base) I NEVER saw these in person! The Photos look pretty cool. Were these ACTUALLY Made?

JOHN/LONFAN

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Yeah they were really released. In fact up until late last year there was a store just down the road from me selling them for 5 bucks a kit. I'm not an anal freak so I cant say how dead on they were but I thought they made a hell of a nice kit. It might have had the whozamawhatzit 1/35000 of a millimeter to the left but it still looked pretty good. :wave:

·
Registered
113 Posts
iamweasel said:
I thought those Episode 1 kits were great looking and very well made. I wish they had made different Pod Racers after Anakins. The Gungan sub was really neat as well. That STAP is impressive coming from Ertl, pretty big too. Its a toss up for fav kit, the Tank or STAP.
IIRC AMT/ERTL had announced plans to release a kit of Sebulba's pod racer in scale with Anakin's, just before the plug was pulled on the license.

James

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
James Henderson said:
IIRC AMT/ERTL had announced plans to release a kit of Sebulba's pod racer in scale with Anakin's, just before the plug was pulled on the license.

James
I would have loved Sebulba's racer in a kit. Well ,I cant complain I quess, I did get some of what I wanted in kit form.

·
Registered
225 Posts
iamweasel said:
I would have loved Sebulba's racer in a kit. Well ,I cant complain I quess, I did get some of what I wanted in kit form.
AMT/ERTL had this kit and a kit of the Destroyer Droid ready for the 2000 line up, they were to be "pre-painted" kits. Sebulba's Pod Racer was to be in scale with Anakin's Pod Racer. The Destroyer Droid was to be packaged in the same sized box as the other Episode 1 "snap" kits. These were to be a part of the "pre-painted" model line that was cancelled along with the 3-piece Battle Droids set.

YO

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Usually by this time of year someone has found info on future PL stuff as well.
I take it that nobody has seen anything yet?
RCHTA isn't until Oct 15th? I don't think I can wait that long.
This umbrella a secrecy that has fallen over PL is really disturbing.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
The "cone of silence" from PL has always been there.

We've been fortunate in the past when some distibutor or specialty vendor has posted pre-release info about the new kits, therefore forcing PL to "break" with the news prematurely. Maybe we'll be fortunate again.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
A 2 or 3 foot long Star Destroyer would be grand!

James :)

·
Curmudgeon
6,600 Posts
lonfan said:
Oh Okay, Thanks now if they would rerelease the TIE Fighters (on the Death Star base) I NEVER saw these in person! The Photos look pretty cool. Were these ACTUALLY Made?
iamweasel said:
Yeah they were really released...I'm not an anal freak so I cant say how dead on they were but I thought they made a hell of a nice kit.
Actually, this was one of AMT's better kits--almost as much detail as the Fine Molds kit.

It figures they'd re-release all these kits now that I've collected almost all of 'em already. :freak:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,236 Posts
I got a bunch of those TIEs on sale at HobbyHouse for $5 each. Gonna make a hell of an attack formation some day!

·
Curmudgeon
6,600 Posts
dreamer said:
And the Falcon coming out again - the last round of "are the resin/photo-etch upgrade kits still being made?" never got an answer. I think he said once he only does them during the summer, but does he still at all?
If you're referring to Jack Smith at FalconKits, he's back in business. After a much prolonged first-run with a new caster/supplier, he's begun shipping kits again. I received mine last week, and while I never saw the original version of his replacement kits up-close, these look pretty sweet! Some warpage to the longer parts, but nothing that can't be easily corrected, and I haven't found any air bubbles yet.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
That's a relief! Been wondering what kit to get meself for Christmas, maybe it'll be his complete Falcon set. He still doing the photo-etch landing gear too?

I once asked a few years ago if he was going to do the gunwell interiors (back when the site was called "Spot's Rock") He said he hoped too, but it doesn't seem he was able to find the time.

Thanks for he info!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Saw them. They're good, but they're in the scale listed on the kit box. The FaclonKits parts assumes the Falcon to be a different scale than listed. There's a few websites about interiors and floorplans that tackle the imcompatibility between fullsized exterior mockups and interiors seen in the films, and debate what the scale should be.

It looks like there's no way to reconcile the placement of the gunwells and their access tube to the rest and remain true to the actual set, unfortunately. Someday when I have the talent for it, I want to build an interior for the Falcon, as complete as possible, based on the conjectured floorplans...whatever the best ones turn out to be.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,236 Posts
One thing fer sher - the AMT Falcon cutaway kit has some serious interior errors. Especially around the gunwells.

·
Curmudgeon
6,600 Posts
Trek Ace said:
The Falcon would be one Fine Molds kit that I would really look forward to, if they ever had the courage to produce it.
I'll second that! And at their traditional 1/72 scale, it wouldn't take up too much shelf space. Hopefully we'll see it one day.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,236 Posts
AFTER they release a few more fighters. I don't want to wait 3 years for a Falcon with no other releases in the meantime.

Hey, HiWay Hobby cleaned out their warehouse and put all their remaining Star Wars and Trek kits on the shelves. My god, it's like they never went away! The sci fi aisle's FULL again! Kazon Torpedoes and Maquis raiders EVERYwhere! :lol: Gold-plated TIE interceptors! All the kits that didn't sell. Some cutaway Falcons and speeder bikes, lotsa Enterprise Incidentseses, SW snap-kits, some DS9s and Defiants. I guess you could email scifiguy if you want anything.

·
Registered
789 Posts
from Retro rocket newsletter

In December, expect Anakin's Podracer, the X Wing, Darth Vader's TIE
Fighter, the Snowspeeder, AT-AT, Star Destroyer, and Millenium Falcon

Jan 2005 will have the Death Star.

Feb 2005 will have the AT-ST.

The Speeder Bike and Slave One are scheduled for April 2005

June 2005 will see the Naboo Fighter and there are also two new
unannounced kits from the new movie scheduled.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts