Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Wow, crazy! Never seen'em. Love how the box matches the 1:25s of that era.
Must notta been to popular as they aren't in my old '68-'71 Autoworld catalogs, and much more obscure brands are in the catalogs.

The closest thing I remember to these were plastic 1:64th scale kits by Lindberg.

Thanks for showing it!

EDIT: Found the story on this great Hemmings linc!
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2007/04/05/the-strange-saga-of-amt-s-pups/

AND thanks to you, I learned that these were later sold to Speedy Wheels,
and I now know that my jade green '69 Pontiac is "ultra rare"!!!

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
No, but I sure wish I did! I look for them on eBay from time to time and have never seen one, just the red Mustang. Never see any Jet or Speedy Wheels, either.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Sure glad the info was helpfull, but I would never had searched the info if it wasn't for you!
And now I can finally identify this ultra rare '69 Pontiac that has no name on the base! (If the author Jeff Koch is correct.)

·
Registered
308 Posts
AMT Pups/ MEGO

Jeff is a good friend of mine and his knowledge of diecast is unquestioanable. There were also some articles about AMT Pups and the followup production by MEGO which included the Jet Wheels , etc! I recall observing the AMX selling on eBay a few years ago for over $150 . That Pontiac is probably the rarest of the bunch and would go for quite a bit of money over the AMX! Nice cars! These are mentioned in the book that I coauthored on diecast manufacturers, published in 06 and still available if interested. Also these were written up about 10 years ago on Tales of Toy Cars at breithaupts.com

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Jeff is a good friend of mine and his knowledge of diecast is unquestioanable. There were also some articles about AMT Pups and the followup production by MEGO which included the Jet Wheels , etc! I recall observing the AMX selling on eBay a few years ago for over $150 . That Pontiac is probably the rarest of the bunch and would go for quite a bit of money over the AMX! Nice cars! These are mentioned in the book that I coauthored on diecast manufacturers, published in 06 and still available if interested. Also these were written up about 10 years ago on Tales of Toy Cars at breithaupts.com
Thank you for your input guys.
My jade green Pontiac is in pretty good shape paint wise, but it's missing the windshield and one wheel.
I'm looking for parts if anyone can help!
At least the wheels should be the same. They pop onto a hub kinda like '70s HWs.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Another piece of the puzzle comes to life.
The pic of the Camaro helps me figure out what wheels will or wont work on my Pontiac cnvt.

There was another fella on HT that had these. Haven't seen him in a couple years or so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts