Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around this site I have found many of these cars and slobbering over them. Thought it would be fun to compile info into this thread so lets see what ya got.

Here is what I have so for ...

AMT Pups Mustang red with box

AMT Charger green

Jet Wheel Charger silver

Jet Wheel Mustang with black interior

Jet Wheel Mustang with white interior

Jet Wheel Camaro green with white interior

Jet Wheel Camaro green with black interior

Jet Wheel Camaro blue

Only 8 images per post so to be continued ...

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jet Wheel Cougar blue

Jet Wheel AMX green

Jet Wheel Buick Riviera green with garage

Hoping to someday collect the yellow AMT Camaro ond orange AMT Cougar. They seem impossible to find.

Also looking for the Speedy Wheels Corvette, Corvair, Bonneville Convertible and Ford Torino castings.

So many variations will keep me busy forever even if money were no object.

It appears there is very little info to be found on the net on the subject.

Here is the best link I could find.

http://www.planetdiecast.com/index2.php?&option=com_content&task=view&id=83257&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=971

Cheers
Eric

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Awesome pics! I only have a Jet Wheel green Camaro with white interior. Still looking to acquire a green Pups Charger (seems to be the most common) and whatever the most common color Jet Wheel or Super Speedy AMX. Someday!

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the thing about the AMT Pups models. Far as I know, there was only four models produced with exclusive colors.

Charger - Green
Mustang - Red
Camaro - Yellow
Cougar - orange

If if other combinations are found it would be news to me.

Green is the most common color for the AMX although any example is not common if you ask me.

Eric

·
Registered
307 Posts
Cool Eric, great idea. I didn't think anyone really cared about them here.:)

I have only been at it with the SS, JW, PUPS, Tuffy stuff for less than a year but have found it to be the most challenging diecast I have ever collected. And the most rewarding fun as well:)
There isn't a lot of info on them on the net and there are still things being found that not many or any one has seen before unlike Hot Wheels, Matchbox and some of the more common vintage diecast. I'm sure I could collect the rest of my life and still not find a lot of these.

BTW, is that your silver Charger?:freak::)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thats the thing about the AMT Pups models. Far as I know, there was only four models produced with exclusive colors.

Charger - Green
Mustang - Red
Camaro - Yellow
Cougar - orange

If if other combinations are found it would be news to me.

Green is the most common color for the AMX although any example is not common if you ask me.

Eric
I believe that there are only two colors of the JW AMX, Green and Lavender. In the SS line there are more to choose from.

The most common by far out of the AMT PUPS is the Red Mustang. Then the Charger, Camaro and Cougar in that order.
I've never seen the Cougar other than in pictures and boy, would I like to find one!:)

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ Speedline66 ... I would agree with all of those statements. Yes all of the cars pictured are currently in my collection.

Can we see pics of yours ... :thumbsup:

Eric

·
Registered
307 Posts
@ Speedline66 ... I would agree with all of those statements. Yes all of the cars pictured are currently in my collection.

Can we see pics of yours ... :thumbsup:

Eric
Yes Eric, I will take some pictures of some of my stuff and post. It would be cool if we could get Dan(Badman55) to enter in to this thread, He has lots of knowledge on these things and has been collecting them for a long time. Dave(Lummox) has a Bonneville that I have never seen. There has to be guys out there with stuff that would be interesting to see and document.
Your Charger is nice!:thumbsup: Thin wheel version is a hard one to find. Actually they all are:tongue:

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys and glad you like these. Yep I seen some of the pics from Badman55 and Wow!

Yeah I dont see many thin wheels Chargers.

This pic belongs to a buddy Chuck Gaughan from NY.

That is a cool article, Thanks for the Link. Yeah Jeff Koch is knowledgeable, I see the article was dated 2007. Here is another article by Jeff Koch in Hemmings dated 2014. Its similar although a fun read.

Eric

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's an awesome picture of Chucks Chargers! I've known him since the '90's and he has been a big help for me in collecting these and answering numerous questions. If it weren't for him and a very good friend, "Professor" Dennis, I don't think I could have progressed as much.

Here are my Chargers so far. Notice that there isn't a Thin Wheel yet :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
JW/SS Stuff

AMT Pups Camaro and the same car but with the Jet Wheels base and tires. I have never seen another like this one.:)

Some Jet Wheels Camaro Stuff. The common green Camaro with the dark interior is much harder to find than the white interior version.

AMT Pups Mustang and Jet Wheels Mustang

·
Registered
307 Posts
More JW/SS Stuff

The Tuffy Vette in blue is a new addition. Had never seen blue until this one always green ones.
Two SS Vettes and the Tuffy.

Jet Wheels Cougars. You can't tell by the picture but one of them is a little darker blue than the others, so I kept it:tongue:

Two more Jet Wheels and a Super Speedy Cougar

·
Registered
307 Posts
Jet Wheels AMX. I don't know if they ever produced a thin wheel version of this model. These are the only colors I've seen so far.:freak:

Jet Wheel Indy/Formula cars. Honda V12, Eagle(Indy) and Lotus Climax, This one came in my Super Speedy Track Set.
Notice the two different color variations on the header cards:)

SS Corvair and Bonneville

:tongue:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Great Hemmings Linc!

It would be cool if we could get Dan(Badman55) to enter in to this thread, He has lots of knowledge on these things and has been collecting them for a long time. Dave(Lummox) has a Bonneville that I have never seen.
Never seen it? Well here it is, for what it's worth.

It may not look like much.
Missing one wheel and 3 mag stickers. I can find one wheel, fashion a windshield, and make 3 mag stickers.

But the paint is displayable, I'm crafty enough to fix it, and enjoy it's rarity.
I like the fact it was never a PUP. It was created after AMT sold out AND to Mego...one of the last "new" cars.

I'm really on board with the idea of trying to categorize all of the colors and variations of all three owners of these molds.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Double Dang, Speedline!!!! Love the olive Charger.

Got a question - did every car that was a Pup become a Tuffy and then on to being a Super Speedy?
Or did they drop any of the original Pups?

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow Bob blow my doors off! Good thing I have a slobber rag nearby the keyboard.

Yeah Chuck is cool beans, I also met him in person in the 90's at a toy show. Seen him several times since, the most recent time was Thanksgiving weekend 2014 at the York PA show. He had a Jet Wheel red Mustang there with raised lines casted into that base text. Most likely thats when Super Speedy took over. I wasnt sure if I had that variation so I passed. Got home and discovered that I failed!

For some reason, the silver Charger I posted of Chucks appears to be the same exact car you posted right down to every detail.

Interesting transitions and combinations for sure. So much to learn and so little time.

Thanks for the info and pics.

Cheers
Eric

1 - 20 of 88 Posts