Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying off eBay or whatever a model of the Star Wars AT-ST walker. I noticed there is the AMT and MPC versions. Are they the same and if not which one is the better of the two? It looks like the MPC is a snap-kit which I don't care for if I can get a similar kit that is not snap. Anyway, any help on this question is appreciated.

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
One thing to be aware of--MPC/AMT/Ertl also released a "Wind-up Action Walker" version of the AT-ST kit. It's smaller than the original kit, bears only a vague resemblance to the AT-ST's seen in the films, and (from what I've heard) doesn't really walk as advertised. Be sure you don't accidentally buy one of these horrid kits.

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
One thing to be aware of--MPC/AMT/Ertl also released a "Wind-up Action Walker" version of the AT-ST kit. It's smaller than the original kit, bears only a vague resemblance to the AT-ST's seen in the films, and (from what I've heard) doesn't really walk as advertised. Be sure you don't accidentally buy one of these horrid kits.
I actually have one of those somewhere, it is not really accurate but mine does walk just fine, I had to tweak the leg positions to keep it from tripping on it's own feet.

·
Banned
718 Posts
I have one of those... and mine walks just fine... or at least, as well as any "wind up, walking" toy ever managed to walk.

It's not a model, it's a toy, really... just a "toy you build yourself." Of course, many models, over the years, have been just like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts