Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How bad are the cutaway seams on this Kit? It would be built closed up. I'm thinking as a 1st time lighted build the 22" might be easier to work inside of compared to the 18" if the seams aren't a real pain to make look good.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Aric,
the cutaway enterprise is a can of worms, the more you fix, the more inaccuracies you find. HOWEVER, it is an absolutely great kit to refine your skills and , with time and effort it can make a really good representation of the enterprise.
The DLM replacement parts and lighting kit are invaluable and, although they weren't out when I had a go at it, the new photo etch parts look like they would spruce it up no end.
Anyway, it does build into a good sized model which, with patience, can be really rewarding. So, get hacking and puttying and keep us updated!

Clactonite

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
I thought the seams were nightmarish, especially the saucer. However if I were to build that kit again (2yrs later) I know how to better attack them.

Regardless of the seams or inaccuracy, my first thought when I had this all together was "This is the model I wish they'd released 30 years ago." It's a monster. (But the 33" is what I am really salivating for next year.)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JGG1701, that 22" looks great.

I think I'm going to do the cutaway. I can deal with the inaccuracies in the kit at this point. I guess it just time to tear into it. Not going to wait for the PL 33", I have nowhere to put it anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts