Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had these two sets of American Grafitti cars for several years... I like different things about each... The 55 pictured on the left is a Revell ( If I remember right) and the one on the right is a Hot Wheels 100% line... Both sets are detailed to the max and have a good amount of weight... Quality is very, very good on both also !!!
The "Wicked 55 Chevy"

Hot Wheels:

Revell:

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The 32 Coupe pictured on the right is a Revell and the left a Hot Wheels 100% :

Revell: This engine is much closer to the real thing !!!

Hot Wheels:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like these cars also and have them in my collection.In your pictures the Revell Chevy is not always on the right .Revell has the licence plate and white interier .I do like the 32 with frount fenders .Did the movie car have fenders? All nice cars .

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I like these cars also and have them in my collection.In your pictures the Revell Chevy is not always on the right .Revell has the licence plate and white interier .I do like the 32 with frount fenders .Did the movie car have fenders? All nice cars .
Yeah... It did have fenders... The 1/24th scale had fenders also !!!
And thanks for the correction... I must have been looking upside down... I changed it !!!

·
Registered
999 Posts
I seem to remember that Johnny Lightning did that set also, but I would have to dig them out, and I'm old and tired.

Thanks for the comparisons.

Mike

·
Registered
999 Posts
The JLs should not even be on the same page as these 2 quality pieces.
I believe you're right. As good as the Playing Mantis days were for quality and variety, sometimes they just slapped things into packages. Their American Graffiti releases were a good example of that. Sometimes the car wasn't right, and sometimes it was a car not iconic to the movie; just stuck in to use up a casting slot.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts