Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm on a new kick. The American Graffiti cars. I really didnt care that much for the movie although it has been years since I seen it. But I love the old cars. The ones I have show release one and two. Was curious just how many AG cars were made, along with the 2 car sets. I built 3 of the 1/24 kits that came out nice. The T-bird, 55 Chevy and 32 Ford coupe. The 32 Ford almost got thrown across the room a few times. Didnt have much luck with that one. Small parts and bad eyes. I was 3 years old in '62 but they had some nice rides.

R

·
0 Posts
There were 2 releases, but the second release also contained the first release, so 18 cars total in 1/64 scale plus the dioramas (2 car sets) plus the model kits

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like some of JL's American Graffiti releases, but not all of them. Revell did a nice job with the '55 Chevy, the '32 Ford and the '58 Impala, though they don't feel as solid or heavy.

I love the movie. I think that it's George Lucas' best effort so far. I didn't grow up in the early sixties but I always enjoy watching AG again.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks jage1966. Now I know what to look for. Nice job!

R

·
0 Posts
pocketwocket.... please don't take this wrong

12 + 12 = 24 - 6 = 18 + 1 = 19

Rob

R

·
0 Posts
it depends... if you are young its a brain fart... otherwise OFD (old fart's disease)
:freak:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As always, nice pics Wyatt! I'd love to see some of you folks collections in person. Who knows, I may get there someday. Hey Pocketwocket... 2 dioramas? I was looking at 3 on ebay. I won the Mels diner, there was Paradise road and... drive in ??? Maybe there were two of the same but I dont think so, I wouldnt have bid on two of the same thing. I'll have to look into that. I need to get another 32 roadster now. My buddy saw it and he had a real red one like it (minus blower). It was a fun car and he wants a copy of it.
Thanks again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts