Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up these 1/64s today at Walgreens Drug Store.

My wife encouraged me to see what they might have!

Luckily, these three Motor Max American Graffiti versions were closeouts and sold for the odd price of 82 cents a piece.:confused:

Althought not as good a castings as Johnny Lightnings or M2s, nevertheless, for such a small sum, they were definitely worth it.

And they actually look far better in real life than they do in these pictures!

Thanks for looking...

1940 Ford Sedan Panel Truck

1949 Mercury Coupe

1971 Ford Mustang Boss 351

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
They do have some nice castings, and some unusual cars, but I just can't get past that "American Graffiti" logo on the side of every car. I guess at that price I would probably take a couple of them myself, but not at the prices I see at WalMart.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do have some nice castings, and some unusual cars, but I just can't get past that "American Graffiti" logo on the side of every car. I guess at that price I would probably take a couple of them myself, but not at the prices I see at WalMart.

Fully agree! That's why I thought at 82 cents they were worth it. But not at retail prices.

As far as the American Graffiti logos are concerned, apparently with a little non-acetone nail polish remover and some minor rubbing, these will come off without damaging the finish.

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
I have a few of those myself, and I must say I was impressed with the quality... I really like that blue Stang... Haven't seen that one yet... Congrats on the great buys and finds !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts