Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just having a little opening party and I happened to notice an American Flag 'decal' on the front window of this 29 Ford pickup. Anyone ever notice that before? I didn't. I think it's cool when JL puts in little add-ons like this onto their diecast every so often.

Here's a fun question: What's the 1st JL diecast where JL put a tampo on a car/truck window? Maybe it was this 29 Ford P/U... I don't know.

Photo borrowed from Wyatt's JL Collecter site.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the more current released cars to have something on its window was this Cobra. Although you can barely see it in this photo, it has one of those Johnny Lightning window cling thingies on the front window. Very nice.

Photo borrowed from Wyatt :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Thanks for reminding me. I noticed those when I opened them but, it has been awhile since they were opened. I thought that was very cool. The '40 Ford from the JL Collection rel 4 has a flag in the front window also.

JP2

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
AQUA XK8 said:
I was just having a little opening party and I happened to notice an American Flag 'decal' on the front window of this 29 Ford pickup. Anyone ever notice that before? I didn't. I think it's cool when JL puts in little add-ons like this onto their diecast every so often.

Here's a fun question: What's the 1st JL diecast where JL put a tampo on a car/truck window? Maybe it was this 29 Ford P/U... I don't know.

Photo borrowed from Wyatt's JL Collecter site.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, could this be a candidate for my American Glory/Red White & Blue collection, David? Other than the flag you mentioned, it looks like it's mostly silver on red. I already have the 29 Ford pickup Postal truck, so at least I have representation of this casting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts