Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
It was really hard to pick a favorite out of those awesome rides, but the two green 1968/1969 AMXs with Americans took the title. It would have gone to the Hornet SC/360, were it not white. Was that the only SC/360 there?

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Looks like it was a great show! I've long had a soft spot for the independants and orphan cars in general. I dated a girl in high school who had a 1969 Rambler American hardtop. I knew three families that had Matador wagons as their family cars. In the early 80's, my brother worked for a guy who had 3 SC/Ramblers (One daily driver, one in restoration, one parts car). One question: Where were all the Pacers and Metropolitans? I once had a bright red base model '76 Pacer with NO options on it except a dealer-installed AM/FM mono radio. My folks bought it new in November of 1977 (Yes, a '76 new after the 78's were already in the showroom) for something like $2,500 out the door. When they went to trade it in 1985, the dealer offered $50 trade in. They gave it to me instead. After giving it a thorough detailing job and tinting the windows I drove it for 3 years, then sold it for $600.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like it was a great show! I've long had a soft spot for the independants and orphan cars in general. I dated a girl in high school who had a 1969 Rambler American hardtop. I knew three families that had Matador wagons as their family cars. In the early 80's, my brother worked for a guy who had 3 SC/Ramblers (One daily driver, one in restoration, one parts car). One question: Where were all the Pacers and Metropolitans? I once had a bright red base model '76 Pacer with NO options on it except a dealer-installed AM/FM mono radio. My folks bought it new in November of 1977 (Yes, a '76 new after the 78's were already in the showroom) for something like $2,500 out the door. When they went to trade it in 1985, the dealer offered $50 trade in. They gave it to me instead. After giving it a thorough detailing job and tinting the windows I drove it for 3 years, then sold it for $600.
For a regional show their were not as many cars as usual. Maybe it was because Cruisin The Coast was going on too. Only 1 71-74 Javelin showed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts