Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Hobby Lobby this morning and came across something that made me curious; albeit, not curious enough to buy it. They had a JL AMC Javelin (it was green) I didn't get the series #, etc. This car had white letter tires, however the front and rear tires were lettered differently. The front tires had 2 lines of letters (making a double arc on the show side of the tire). The back tire had only a single arc of lettering; or 1/2 of what was on the front tire.

Is this normal for this car? I don't really collect errors, but was curious. There was only one of these so I couldn't compare.
Thanks for any answers.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
JL tries to be accurate. It's probably because the real car pictured had tires lettered that way. Check the picture.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
The best part is the front and rear tires are different brands (just like on the real car!). Talk about realism!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
That 68 Javelin belongs to my friend , Matt Redel ... It does have Goodyears on the front & Hoosiers on the rear , just like in the photo . Jl replicated it very well ! I took the photos in my driveway & submitted them for Matt . Jl has contacted my brother & said they will do his 71 Duster soon ! Its dark green with sublime flames ! I submitted those pics too . I wish they would cast my 2 cars ! 67 Cyclone & 60 Edsel .....

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The easy part for JL has to be the Cragar SS mags. As they already exist.
And so does the vehicle casting.
BYW, nice flame job.
Can't wait for this one to hit the market.

Cheers. cobra

1 - 11 of 11 Posts