Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pinto's and Gremlin's Oh my!

Hope JL goes with a early 70's model Gremlin.

same for the Pinto

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
JL Listening

Mid,

JL must be listening to us as we have been asking for these 2 for some time now. Gives me more hope that Station Wagons will be on the way at some point:)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
The future is so bright, RC2/Playing Mantis is going to deliver a few interesting and high demand/popular midsize 70's & 80's castings, my hopes are greater than ever to continue collecting Johnny Lightning cars...And trucks.

The wait should'nt be long...According to Mac Reagans Fest presentation.

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Registered
300 Posts
I really hope the Gremlin and Pinto are scaled correctly. I really hate how the MG, Triumph and Metropolitan are scaled too large so they fill in the package better. A monster Gremlin, out of scale, will not sell as well as one set up to a similar scale as the muscle cars series cars. Then jl will wonder why they ever listen to us collectors when it wont sell. They might want to stick to the "standards" like '57 Chevy, '65 Mustang and '68 Camaro and avoid the more obscure cars that make jl great, like the Toronado, Riviera, Cyclone, Studebaker Hawk, Javelin .....etc. Thank you jl for a Gremlin. I will buy one no matter what the scale is. I will buy many if you hit the casting perfect, as I expect you will.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Mid, those pics reminded me...

My roommate in college had a Gremlin that was originally a 304... he took it out, put in a 327 Chevy with a 4-speed. Painted it black with Cragars. Schweeeeet... but I seem to recall he wrecked it doing donuts around a light pole...

--rick

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmn!

I gave the Gremlin and Pinto standing ovations during the presentation. Couldn't help it- I've been begging for these cars a long time.

That said, I want to thank everyone responsible for bringing these great cars to us:

THANK YOU!

And now that the Gremlin is on the way, I guess my next car to beg for is the '65 Rambler Marlin/'66-'67 AMC Marlin. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Pinto was the first car I can remember my familt owning, but I guess they also had a Gremlin. Guess I will have to start my collection with these bad boys.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
jnkfleet said:
The future is so bright, RC2/Playing Mantis is going to deliver a few interesting and high demand/popular midsize 70's & 80's castings, my hopes are greater than ever to continue collecting Johnny Lightning cars...And trucks.

The wait should'nt be long...According to Mac Reagans Fest presentation.

Jeff Fleetwood
Hey Jeff, Do you have pics of your customs that won?
Congratulations on your new title.
Richard

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
computer guy said:
Hey Jeff, Do you have pics of your customs that won?
Congratulations on your new title.
Richard
Hey Richard!..If you hav'nt already...Checkout pms485's "Yet more Fest pics".
Man He must have taken shots of every entry...And did a fabulous job of it.
Any customs on the checkered placemat are mine, Have'nt seen any of my slot customs...Maybe I'll have to install my Kodak software, and then upload some that the wife and I shot.

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
My Mother used to own a 1976 Gremlin with the optional 258 six cylinder engine. Auto trans and manual steering and no a/c...... (The AM radio with one speaker was kickin'!)
That car would do a mean one tire burnout...:eek:
Don't tell Mom...
Scott

·
Registered
451 Posts
slimwhitman said:
I really hope the Gremlin and Pinto are scaled correctly. I really hate how the MG, Triumph and Metropolitan are scaled too large so they fill in the package better. A monster Gremlin, out of scale, will not sell as well as one set up to a similar scale as the muscle cars series cars. Then jl will wonder why they ever listen to us collectors when it wont sell. They might want to stick to the "standards" like '57 Chevy, '65 Mustang and '68 Camaro and avoid the more obscure cars that make jl great, like the Toronado, Riviera, Cyclone, Studebaker Hawk, Javelin .....etc. Thank you jl for a Gremlin. I will buy one no matter what the scale is. I will buy many if you hit the casting perfect, as I expect you will.
I feel the same way. I really hope the scale is close at least. If they make them smaller they will sell better for sure. Hope we get to see Drag versions as well as stock...

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I like the old Levi Gremlin the best. Always wanted to get one and drop a 400 Pontiac in it. Actually stopped and looked at one last spring, old man wanted way to much for it. I agree the scale would have to be correct also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts