Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up from Mr. Russ at Milezone's. I assume he is working on a printing project but I really have no idea, otherwise why have so many in white? But man, am I glad he did.

This is #12 of 50 released from Milezone's. The cars are not numbered, just the small box package is, and it is marked as a Porsche Riley. I am unsure of why it was identified as one specific model as Greenlight only works from this one casting representing several cassie brands and makes.

But this IS a Riley Technologies MkXX Grand American Daytona Prototype race car. The customer provides the engine of his choice ( Pontiac, BMW, Ford) and yes, there are many Porsche combos. Regardless of the engine selection is that Riley Technologies scored a remarkable fifth consecutive Manufacturers Championship in the 2009 GRAND AM SERIES.

The 2010 running of the 24 Hours Of Daytona will be January 30-31. So only a few short weeks till the 10' season gets started. We even have a HT family member that is a full time crew member on one of these bad boys! I'm sorry that the NASCAR owned Grand Am series saw the need to do away with true prototype sports cars in the early 2000's, but these cars still put on a GREAT show. Catch them on the tube or a track near you this year.

Thanks for the look, The details of this car really shine through in solid white paint!

Ward

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Yeah, pretty sexy for a modern car!
The roof is really interesting looking. It reminds me of a gun turret for a tank! :)
And it does look really slammin' all in plain whaite without any loud graffix detracting from the body lines.
That car is screamming for a black wash in the door gaps and the other seems and vents and junk.
Thanks for the cool pix Wardster! Go Greenlight!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts