Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome everyone to the thread for the opening of the AMA offroad track.

We will be hosting our first electric race on 6/17/2012 during the Extreme Flight Championship. Racing will begin around noon. Come early to practice and watch some extreme flying from experts around the world. The flying event will be held from 6/15/2012 to 6/17/2012.

Must have 2.4 ghz radio system to race at this and all events at the AMA.
There will be 2, 8 minute qualifiers and 1, 10 minute main.
Classes will be Novice, Open 2wd Shortcourse trucks, 4x4 Shortcourse, Stock Slash and 2wd Buggy and Truck. All classes have a 2 cell lipo or 7 cell battery rule.

Entry and Racing is Free! YES FREE! Scoring will be done with AMB scoring with House Transponders. This event will be electric only but later races will include 1/8 nitro. You will want to bring some sort of shade, table and chairs and extension cord. Power and water will be provided. Food vendors will be onsite for this event.

The address is 5161 East Memorial Drive
Muncie,IN. 47302.

Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awsome. I have been recieving calls from all of the Pierce Park Raceway crew and they said they'll be there. The layout is fast and very flowing. 150ft straight into a high bank burn for starters.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All races will be on Sundays at noon. All races except for trophy races are FREE. There will be a few exceptions where the AMA will be hosting a Flying Program on Sundays and we may not be running then. Dates will posted here on Hobby Talk. Videos coming soon.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes the track is open for practice through the week. The tires that I use are called dboots nanobytes. They are a new tire and are similar to Step Pins. Also AKA City Blocks. Hammer Down Drivers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lol i just sold like 5 pairs of the nanobytes. I didn't really care for them.

So how big of a turn out do you expect on Sundays? I am from Winchester basically and go to Indy Slots Everyweekend, would be nice to start running a more local track.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lol i just sold like 5 pairs of the nanobytes. I didn't really care for them.

So how big of a turn out do you expect on Sundays? I am from Winchester basically and go to Indy Slots Everyweekend, would be nice to start running a more local track.
Last Sunday we had about 16 racers even with it being Fathers Day. Other tires that do well are goosebumps, and enduros.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts