Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the new aluminum shocks on my mini late model, they leak like crazy!!! Any tricks to get them to stop???

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
If you are talking about the Losi brand Mini shocks that have the cartridge, I have O-rings that fit the cartridge and prevent leaks between the cartridge and shock body:

The only issue is that they seal so well, they make it difficult to bleed and assemble the shocks. So I came up with the idea of drilling the shock bodies for bleeder screws:

The problem with the bleeder screws as shown is that it limits how much you can compress the shocks because they interfere with the piston movement. You need external 1/8" limiters to keep the piston from hitting the bleeder screw. I am planning on trying to drill a set for top-entry bleeder screws (like on the original mini-slider plastic shocks) but haven't had time to do that yet.

If you want some of these O-rings, I'll sell you a dozen if you send me $5 cash and a SASE to return them in. No PayPal on this small a transaction.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Put the new aluminum shocks on my mini late model, they leak like crazy!!! Any tricks to get them to stop???
I had read that too but after taking them apart there is not hardly any threads to put the tape on.
well when ever you use cast or stainless to aluminum it will never seal correctly try to find aluminum bleeders for shock towers:tongue::wave:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts