Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Has anyone used an MD 1000 on OS X?

I just won one on NZ's local auction site - only NZD$100 (about USD$70, made me feel real good when I saw two of 'em on evilbay going for over USD$200 each :) ) - but I'll have to get a parallel-to-USB printer cable for it.

Any other issues that I should be aware of?

Cheers!

Jim.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Recently I looked at the ALPS driver downloads and there is a driver for OSX.
How are you set for geting supplies...inks and such to New Zealand?
In the USA 2007 would be just about the last year to get them.

DLM

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys.

JT, good idea about the Mac forums. Just wanted to know if there were any 'hooks' involved in using one on a Mac.

Don, AFAIK I can get ink cartridges from Corporate Consumables out here in NZ. IIRC, Citizen also make compatible cartridges so I should be okay for the moment.

Will probably need to get a USB to parallel printer cable (not sure if the one I won comes with one).

Cheers!

·
Registered
500 Posts
My MD1000 came with a SCSI conector as they all did when they came out first. When I changed to a computer with OS9 I had to get SCSI installed to my G4 when I ordered it If your ALPS is USB you'll be in good shape.

DLM

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think it's a parallel interface, though I won't know for sure until it arrives.

Google search shows that ALPS used to make a parallel to USB cable, so I'm guessing such a thing from the local Dick Smiths (Aussie version of Radio Shack) will do the trick.

Of course if it's SCSI then I'll be okay as my B&W came with a SCSI card - very helpful for the occasional times I my old scanner...

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts