Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FALL BRAWL 2016
November 5 2016

1) TJ/PS Pro Stock t-jet original copper bottom chassis. Stock 16 ohm unbalanced arms only. Narrow double flanged wheels (plastic, brass, aluminum, or steel) and stock width slip on silicone tires allowed. Original copper pickup shoes and pickup shoe springs. copper brushes, no springs.NO braids or shunts. Wheelie bars allowed. Hard plastic injection molded and resin cast, screw mounted bodies allowed. NO vacuum formed, cardboard or paper bodies. Minimum weight 18 grams. Maximum weight 22 grams

2) TJ/M t-jet modified Modifications are 5.5 ohm armature. Any ceramic magnet allowed. One traction magnet, any motor brushes(no springs), any gears, any wheel and tire combination. Weighted front wheels allowed No braids or shunts. Copper or silver chassis allowed. "NO QUADS"'. Now including Johnny Lightning and Auto World Ultra-G chassis. Minimum Weight 20 grams. Maximum Weight 25 grams. Dash CHASSIS PERMITTED

3) AFX/S AFX & MagnaTraction Stock armature, per chassis(i.e. 14.5-ohm for magna-traction, 5.5 ohm for non-magna-traction). Slip on silicone tires of stock diameter. O-rings may be substituted for front tires. stock brushes per chassis, no springs. Stock magnets according to specific chassis. Johnny Lightning and Auto World cars allowed. Ultra-Gs permitted with traction magnets removed. Minimum weight 20 grams. Maximum weight 25 grams

4) AFX/M A/FX modified 5.5 ohm armature allowed. Any ceramic magnet allowed.. One (1) traction magnet, any motor brushes(no springs) gears, wheels and tires. No braids or shunts. UltraG chassis allowed. Minimum weight 21 grams.

5 )4G/S Specialty/4-Gear Stock and Dragster Stock armature and magnets per chassis. Slip on silicone tires. brushes per chassis, no springs. Auto World chassis allowed with traction magnets REMOVED. Minimum weight 21 grams. Max weight 26 grams.

6) I/S Inline Stock This includes any inline car readily available with a stock motor, magnets and gearing. Slip on silicone tires allowed. Tyco, Tomy, AFX, Lifelike, etc. NO BSRT, VIPER, WIZZARD or SLOTTECH cars. Minimum weight 18 grams

BLUE COMET MC
4042 Mensch Road, Skippack, PA. 19473​

Doors open 8 am Qualifying at 11 am
1/64 scale 1/4 mile 34' overall length,*MAXXTRAXX*drag strip

all classes may use resin cast and hard plastic bodies that are securely mounted to chassis.

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it has been brought to my attention that stock classes are intended to use only stock parts that were originally included on each type chassis.
the exception is slip on silicone tires that replicate the diameter and width of the original stock tires.
adding a wheelie bar is also an exception.

now, the main reason for this post is specifically G-plus wheels which there are only one brand of after market tires for.
gel claws makes tires that fit the wheels.
considering that other brands of slip on silicone tires are desired by many it is suggested that the stock wheels be altered by grinding off the the offensive area.
G-Plus chassis will still be required to use stock G-Plus wheels and the alteration will be allowed.

this has been an issue on more than one occasion and we do not want repeat "misunderstandings" regarding the rules.

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave, sorry, no.
there is more than enough to do with the live racers present.
I just don't have any help to race the proxy entries.
good luck with your upcoming race

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Nov 5th baby!!!!!

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this Saturday
popularity has been increasing
hope to see YOU there

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
AL, are you having the 1/8th mile or 1/4 mile track set up pal???

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Well I am packed up. I haven't had the chance to test anything but that's how it goes!!! I'll be cleaning all morning there*!!!!!

See you guys early

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

it seems I didn't get individual pics of the blue vette and the white Rolls Royce TAILHOOK on PB. I'll search and try to find them and post up later

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
fall brawl 2016 commentary

great turnout and a nice Fall day.
Thank you to Ed Shultz for helping set up Friday Night and Hank Galloway for renting the Blue Comets Motorcycle Club club house for us.
Joe (pony) Skylark donated some unpainted bodies for door prizes which actually got awarded to those who didn't place 1st or 2nd in any class. Thank You Skylark!
The new MaxxTraxx 1/64 scale ¼ mile track was smooth and clean ..(thank you alpink .. LOL )
the Track Mate DP3000 was used in DP2000 mode to include only RT, ET and MPH for this event. Additional sensors for the 60', 1/8 mile(660') and 1000' will be installed in time for next event.
It is always good to see our regular racers: Dave and Devin M, G$(Carter), Joe Loh, Darryl, Tony(dreadlocks), Jim P, Ed Shultz, Joe Skylark and Hank.
alpink had some fine prizes for winners and runner ups this event.
Doors opened at 8 sharp and Skylark was waiting right outside … LOL !
Testing, tuning and practice ran until 11 when we started qualifications.
We run each class straight through from qualifications until final elimination so that folks who have to leave early can compete in a few complete classes and this also allows any one arriving late to have complete classes to race in.
pics of the winners and their cars are taken immediately after the final for each class.
Without embarrassing anyone I want to say that a few guys with really fast cars were a little too fast on the tree in eliminations. Some sure bets for wins were, unfortunately, eliminated early or in the final. But, see, that is why we race the little cars. Anything can happen on race day.
I'll will announce a spring date as soon as one can be secured.
Some of our regulars were sadly missed for this event, but we all have things that sometimes take priority. Hope all can return in future.
Thank you to everyone who attended for helping make this a successful and fun event.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts