Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have Alliance's Enterprise-E model? If so got any close up pictures of it? I'd like to see how accurate it is before I consider buying it...

Trent

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Have it. Haven't built it yet. Don't have photos.

If I had my choice between this and the ERTL kit, and I own both, I'd take the Alliance model. . . unless I were lighting it. Even then I'd be inclined to grab bits off of the Alliance kit.

See my comments in this thread for more information:

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37816

·
Registered
337 Posts
The Alliance 1701 E is nothing short of pure artwork. Lots of love & attention went into it.

Now, I'm waiting for JT to make decals for her..... the decals I got were OK, but look as if it were printed on a 5 year old BJ that is running out of ink.

Until then, mine's bare naked (except the paint).

·
Registered
409 Posts
Guess I better get on it then. The decals I saw that came with the kit looked good. Maybe you should contact Federation Models (Alliance point of contact) and see about a new set. I know that Alliance uses an ALPS MD-5000 though.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,222 Posts
Merely using an Alps printer does not make one a talent equal to Jeff Waclawski!

(Now having properly buttered you up; how are those Enterprise-B decals coming? :lol: )

·
Registered
409 Posts
Excelsior is done & packaged but not released yet. Enterprise B should be ready "hopefully" this weekend. I'm waiting till I have both done in order to release them together.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,222 Posts
If they're not going straight to Tracy, email me and I'll be your first customer :D.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Jeff:

Keep me in mind too for a set of "b" decals. I have one in the making.

Jack

By the way, has anyone started, completed, or comtemplated a 1701B with the Nexus damage to it? I'd like to see some pic/links if anyone has any.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
It is rotocast, however that doesn't help you much in terms of creating a lit version. Rotocast parts often have inconsistent thicknesses, based solely on the geometry of the design - if you were roto-casting a sphere you'd have a better time of actually getting a uniform surface.

You'd really have to excavate into the body to get lighting in there, and the nacelles are still solid. But that's okay for me I'm not planning on lighting it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Alliance E and it is really amazing, detail is nothing short of stunning! Forget lighting just go for the Alliance! As for decals, mine were damaged when they came but a few emails later a new set was on the way. Federation Models rules!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I also have the alliance model. The detail is stunning and crisp. I had a minor problem with the nacelle struts (they warped in the extreme Phoenix climate) So tracy sent offered me a replacement. I actualy had an extra Nacelle strut set and used those to rebuild the nacelles.

I also used the extra Nacelles to fix my AMt model of my SFI chapters ship USS Angelfire NCC-75025 (Sovereign Class) Complete with JT Graphics decals. So now I have two sovereign class models and the both rock!

John Nelson
Glendale, AZ

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
fokkerpilot said:
By the way, has anyone started, completed, or comtemplated a 1701B with the Nexus damage to it? I'd like to see some pic/links if anyone has any.
I did one years ago. I'm at work, or I'd post a pic. Basically just looked at the movie, plotted out the damage on the model with a Sharpie & cut away. I then built a small box for the area & layered in some deck plating & damaged the edges of those. Dark & metalic colors & volia! If I can find the pic at home, I'll post it.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Prince of Styrene II said:
I did one years ago. I'm at work, or I'd post a pic. Basically just looked at the movie, plotted out the damage on the model with a Sharpie & cut away. I then built a small box for the area & layered in some deck plating & damaged the edges of those. Dark & metalic colors & volia! If I can find the pic at home, I'll post it.
I hope in your detail you didn't include a fried Kirk :jest:

José

1 - 20 of 20 Posts