Hobbyist Forums banner

All Wore Out

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Fl Flash 
#1 ·
It seems a lot of people don't know it, but front suspension springs and T-plates wear out. This can drasticly change the handling on your car (and you just thought it was your tuning skills going to pot!). If you run a pan car, be sure to check your front suspension springs every couple weeks. You'll find that they become "collapsed" after a dozen runs or so. T-plates should also be changed after 25 runs.

#3 · (Edited)
Spring steel doesnt really wear out.. they become tweaked.. every week after racing a steel t plate i take it off and lay it on a flat piece of glass. do it on both sides of the plate.. all it takes is a wreck, and they are tweaked..

ive also seen alot of them tweak very easily if you only run two screws.. running the third screw is key.. i have had a few that i ran two screws and the car worked awesome, tried 3 screws and the car stunk.. so i ran two and after racing the t plate was toast..

Ive even seen a handfull totally snap..

i only run fibergalss now.. big key to seee if they are wore out is the corners.. in back where the t plate bolts to the pod you can see the fiberglass start to get lighter.. these are stess marks..

#7 · (Edited)
BAR 26 said:
so for a sprin steel, u run the center bolt or not?
I RECOMEND IT....:p

for the Ca comment i tried this for a while and noticed no difference in the life of the t plate. I tried it on a few diff types of t plates and fiberglass.. it also depends on how many runs are actually on a t plate.. . there basically cheap and made to wear out.. you can get 3 fiberglass t plates for every one steel..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.