Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
All original, that's something else.

I always wonder if all original also means no wax job since new.
That van is shinin'! Love the nautical themed interior.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
That is SWEET ! ! Though I'd prefer a FORD van :)

When I was in 8th grade in '78, I took drafting class. One of the projects we did was to design our own "customized" van. I absolutely LOVED that project. So much so that I did a number of designs. We not only did the inside, but we did the outside too. I even remember doing a 4X4 version ! I really wish I would have kept the drawings.

Thanks for the trip back in time !

Scott

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Wow!!!

GROOVY BABY!!!!......Boy! talk about High School days, and music like Kansas, Led Zepplin, Kiss, Motown, and Drag racing days.....This Gem is one of the best I've seen today, but back in those days it was like a dime a dozen out in Central Ave , Yonker NY, and a whole lot of them at the Whitestone Drive-in movies...especially at Classon Point, NY.....Thanks Shelly for bring Nostagic moments......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
i am surpised that when those door opend there was'nt a cloud of smoke comming out:wave: sweet work done on the inside though.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was only 6 when this van came out, but I am have memories of a van similar to this one. So I am glad I could bring back some memories for you guys.. I wish times were like they were back in the 70's and 80's again... I can't speak for anything earlier... :lol:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
YESsssssss

Looks like Roger Dean's artwork on the upper half of the sides. :thumbsup:

Of course, Yes was the antithesis of Disco in the 70's. I remember seeing many custom vans back then. Shag carpet was very popular in them. This guy was a little more practical....easier to spot the "roaches". :dude:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts