Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guy's hello from Central Louisiana I need some input on a project I am working on. Anyone ever race on a painted wood floor. Any help on tire's or traction compounds would be great. thanks rcbum

We will be running on road and oval 1/10 1/18 and 1/8 L8mods
any one ever use and drag racing traction compounds? I am just cking all options.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
well.......sound loike on a painted floor a rubbrr tire would be better than foam, i would think, also depends on the project????

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Virtually every opportunity I have had to run on a wood floor was a wild ride. It didn't matter if I had rubber or foam tires.
If you would expound on what you are trying to do it would help. My guess it is in a gym of some sort for a show or event.
Anyway... I would suggest you do some sort of drift competition. The surface would be prefect for that.
Dan

·
Registered
382 Posts
Years ago we ran on a painted concrete floor and would coat the foam tires with rtv silicone. The trick was finding the rtv that worked best.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Years ago we ran on a painted concrete floor and would coat the foam tires with rtv silicone. The trick was finding the rtv that worked best.
GE silicon II adhesive/sealant. Works good. That's what we used when the SUGARBOWL was open and running SMOOTH clay oval. The trick is to not make it TOO thick.

·
Registered
382 Posts
GE silicon II adhesive/sealant. Works good. That's what we used when the SUGARBOWL was open and running SMOOTH clay oval. The trick is to not make it TOO thick.
Very true, thin coats worked best. We raced at the Sidney Nebraska Armory on a painted concrete floor, but that was around 15 to 20 years ago.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts