Hobbyist Forums banner

All glow forgotten prisoner--moebius

7K views 44 replies 21 participants last post by  armymedic80 
#1 · (Edited)
Just saw this "out there"...
...and thought a few of you might like it:thumbsup:

Quote from Frank:

How about a full glow Frightening Lightning Forgotten Prisoner? Shot in the original Aurora tooling here in the US. Aurora logo as licensed to us by Cinemodels, paperwrap box like the originals. Limited to 720 copies, available direct through our club store, or from many of the webshops selling our kits. You may not find it locally, as this is such a short run item it won't go through our normal distribution channels.

There has never been an all glow FP in a Styrene kit...
....until now!
Denis

See less See more
#19 ·
Forever.
Unlike copyright, trademarks don't have a time limit.

Copied from Wikipedia
"Unlike other forms of intellectual property (e.g., patents and copyrights) a registered trademark can, theoretically, last forever. So long as a trademark's use is continuous a trademark holder may keep the mark registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office by filing Section 8 Affidavit(s) of Continuous Use as well as Section 9 Applications for renewal, as required."

So, as long as a company keeps the paperwork filed on time, they can keep a trademark forever.

#6 ·
Glow, shmo, long as I get a kit in any form of one of my favorite childhood memories! I LOVED that kit. I was sooo into the monster kits when they first came out. Remember The Witch in black plastic? If you do, then you're dateing yourself. And nooo, I don't mean driving yourself to the driven in!

hal9001-

#16 · (Edited)
Keeping my eye on your site :thumbsup:
When it's up...I'm in!
(ordered 2!)

Here are some cool facts about the Frightening Lightning series...
The 'frightening Lightning' kits only came out for 1 year, 1969...and just 6 kits were called 'frightening Lightning'...Frankenstein,Wolfman, Phantom, Mummy, Dracula,and the Forgotten Prisoner...
After that (in the 70's) they were packaged in the Square boxes with the round (starburst) Glows in the Dark logo...where King Kong, Godzilla,Witch,Hunchback, Creature and Dr.Jekyll/Mr.Hyde were added to the Glow series.
The only kit never done in Glow ,of the Original 13 by Aurora, was the Bride of Frankenstein.

Denis

#23 ·
The Bride should be reissued in better quality glow plastic. The PL reissue years ago was molded in gray ABS plastic and weak transluscent glow plastic,which was not very good compared to recent glow kits. I can't understand why Monarch's recent "Ghost of Castle Mare" was not issued in glow plastic,and Sinbad was. Go figure.

#27 ·
The Bride should be reissued in better quality glow plastic. The PL reissue years ago was molded in gray ABS plastic and weak transluscent glow plastic,which was not very good compared to recent glow kits. I can't understand why Monarch's recent "Ghost of Castle Mare" was not issued in glow plastic,and Sinbad was. Go figure.
Just following the Aurora guide book for maximizing sales (standard release followed by glow release), and I don't begrudge Scott that one bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.