Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to order any Aliens Colonial Marines APC resin replacement wheels for the Halcyon kit from Umi Ryuzuki? The wheels are listed over at Replacement Parts, but I've tried to contact Umi to order a set but never got a responce.

Anyone know anything about the fellow? I sure would like to have a couple of sets.

hal9001-

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe, are we talking about the same thing? All I saw was a tug boat. Nothing at all about replacement wheels for the Halcyon APC. Or I'm I missing something?

Thanks,
hal9001-

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Well, Umi_Ryuzuki is the screen name that Amiee Eng has at Starship Modeler, and her sig-line there is a link to the site in the post above. She does alot of RC boat stuff in addition to sci-fi, and is a regular over at RCGroups. What I was trying to say was that perhaps you should use the e-mail link on her page to send her a polite inquiry about the replacement wheels -- it's what I would do.
She was posting her build progress on the APC replacement wheels on Photobucket as well.
http://s14.photobucket.com/profile/Umi_Ryuzuki

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Umi_Ryuzuki is the screen name that Amiee Eng has at Starship Modeler, and her sig-line there is a link to the site in the post above. She does alot of RC boat stuff in addition to sci-fi, and is a regular over at RCGroups. What I was trying to say was that perhaps you should use the e-mail link on her page to send her a polite inquiry about the replacement wheels -- it's what I would do.
She was posting her build progress on the APC replacement wheels on Photobucket as well.
http://s14.photobucket.com/profile/Umi_Ryuzuki

Well that certainly explaines that! Thanks much for the inside info Joe. I would have never figured that out...

I'll contact her now.

Carl-

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a set and they are great.

No problems contacting her via pm at Starship Modeller, or with the order.
Daikaiju1, how did you get intouch with her at Starship? I'd really, really like to get a couple sets of these. I've contacted her twice via her web site but as of yet I've not heard a thing.

I've tried to register with Starship's forum but it ask questions I don't know how to answer. I don't recall now what the questions were but I'm not very good with computers and couldn't finish the registration. :(

I just hope they're still available!

hal9001-

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hal, sent you a pm with Aimee's email.

Sorry for the slow response on my part, been sick for a couple of days.

Good luck with your search, Geoff

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hal, sent you a pm with Aimee's email.

Sorry for the slow response on my part, been sick for a couple of days.

Good luck with your search, Geoff
Geoff, thanks for your time and effort, but I've contacted her 3 times at that address and never got a responce. I really did want a couple of sets. Crap!

Maybe it's going to her spam folder and she never checks? Guess I'll give up. :( :cry:

Thanks again for the PM,
hal9001-

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've tried that email address over and over with no luck! She's on Outlook Express and I'm not, would that make a difference? I wouldn't think so.

I've tried registering on SSM forum but it ask questions I don't know how to answer.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
That's awesome, hal9001! I saw those wheels in person, and rja is a good friend of mine at my local sci-fi model club. He's also an amazing builder. They come quite clean and scaled nicely.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's awesome, hal9001! I saw those wheels in person, and rja is a good friend of mine at my local sci-fi model club. He's also an amazing builder. They come quite clean and scaled nicely.
Yeah, I was real happy to get these because once you see them compared to the kits, the kit wheels sure fall flat! No pun intended. Seems I had so much trouble getting in touch with Aimee, I had almost given up.

Even though I've only got one kit I bought two sets. My plan is to copy the kit and scratch build one. Shouldn't be too hard, heck, it's all flat surfaces and little detail. And...I've a perfect patten, huh? Got two diorama ideas in my head is the reason I need two. These kits have long gone out of my price range on eBay! So my cheap ass will spend 10,000 hrs scratching one. :freak:

hal9001-

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Yeah, I was real happy to get these because once you see them compared to the kits, the kit wheels sure fall flat! No pun intended. Seems I had so much trouble getting in touch with Aimee, I had almost given up.

Even though I've only got one kit I bought two sets. My plan is to copy the kit and scratch build one. Shouldn't be too hard, heck, it's all flat surfaces and little detail. And...I've a perfect patten, huh? Got two diorama ideas in my head is the reason I need two. These kits have long gone out of my price range on eBay! So my cheap ass will spend 10,000 hrs scratching one. :freak:

hal9001-
The APC (unbuilt) was brought to a previous meeting. The kit was pretty poor, with lots of flaws to fix and no alignment pins, etc. just fyi....

Much worse than my PowerLoader.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's the nice thing about building your own, you can build out all the shortcomings! Yes, it's not a great kit but it's the only game in town...in 1:35 scale.

hal9001-

1 - 20 of 22 Posts