Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got lucky and was able to acquire the Tsukuda 18" Alien Figure kit. So... do I build it or keep it locked away "in box" and in pieces. So tempted to put it together, but I know there's some collectibility here. Though not as much as the Tsukuda action figure, but some. Opinions?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,

I lean towards the same philosophy, but there's always some tidbit of some sort of information out there that I usually don't know about something related to a kit. So if someone were to tell me a little something about this Tsukuda 18" Alien that might be important and either change my mind, or make me some non-insignificant money... well, I could be talked out of not building it.:)

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Yeah, build it. It's a repop of the Kinner like falcondesigns said. I think they did modify the tail a bit though. As for rarity they do pop up on the Bay from time to time. It is also recast a lot unfortunately. I should post pics of my Sega 12 inch ALIEN.;)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Halcyon also did a kit based off the Kenner toy.

I know the Kenner toy is a collectible but do not think either the Tsukuda or Halcyon copy are that sought after.

Max Bryant

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
it depends...
if you want a good accurate alien figure for your collection, hang onto it for the eventual value, then sell it off for a really well sculpted one.
if you want a really big alien figure for your collection, a stand in for the kenner, or are completing a set of as many alien figures that you can gather, build it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts