Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Berline is by Starline, GTV - Auto Art & Spider - Vitesse

OK, a slight cheat - the Spider is actually a 1600!

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ClearHooter said:
Could that also be called a "Graduate?" Got any boat-tails? I've been looking for one of those for awhile.
Yeah, I've got a Vitesse Duetto Boat tail as well - call me perverse, but, I prefer the later Kamm tail version :)

Steve

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
I just think the boat-tail has more classic lines.

Friend of mine had one that kept blowing head gaskets. There was a guy in Hickory, NC that did big engine change overs on sports cars. He was one of the first around to drop a 327 into a Healey 100/4. He had an AC Bristol he was going to transplant with a Pontiac OHC 6. He'd always beef everything up to handle the HP and extra weight. Guy was a genius. Anyway he removed the offending Alfa motor and tranny and dropped a 327 / Turbo Hydro in its place. This guy was also one of the best, most meticulous body men I'd ever seen as well. The bonnet wouldn't close cause the carb top its underside. My friend said just cut a hole in the hood. This guy found that offensive. So instead he beat out a tear-drop bubble in the hood. He worked it inside and out in lead. You couldn't tell it wasn't factory. The 327 cured the head gasket problems. I moved before he got the AC done; so I never saw it. But his work was some of the most impresive I've ever seen.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ClearHooter said:
I just think the boat-tail has more classic lines.

Friend of mine had one that kept blowing head gaskets. There was a guy in Hickory, NC that did big engine change overs on sports cars. He was one of the first around to drop a 327 into a Healey 100/4. He had an AC Bristol he was going to transplant with a Pontiac OHC 6. He'd always beef everything up to handle the HP and extra weight. Guy was a genius. Anyway he removed the offending Alfa motor and tranny and dropped a 327 / Turbo Hydro in its place. This guy was also one of the best, most meticulous body men I'd ever seen as well. The bonnet wouldn't close cause the carb top its underside. My friend said just cut a hole in the hood. This guy found that offensive. So instead he beat out a tear-drop bubble in the hood. He worked it inside and out in lead. You couldn't tell it wasn't factory. The 327 cured the head gasket problems. I moved before he got the AC done; so I never saw it. But his work was some of the most impresive I've ever seen.
Pontiac 6 into an AC Ace- Bristol? Didn't a certain Mr Shelby, get there first, with a Ford 260 & later 289s & 427s?

Amazing sequence of events when you think about it. John Tojeiro's chassis clothed in a knock off Ferrari 166 Barchetta body - at first AC engined, then with the Bristol 2.0. Shelby decides to plonk a Ford V8 in it - Cobra - Daytona Coupe - GT40 - the Ferrari beater - Anglo-American cooperartion....

AAR - Gurney - in Indy racing the Eagles were All American Racers - when he won the '67 Belgian Grand Prix, it was with an Anglo American Racing Eagle. Daniel Sexton Gurney - the one driver whom, Jim Clark, considered.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts