Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I spotted a Budweiser sponsored die cast car in the hot wheel isle at walmart. Does any know if they can start selling these cars again? and if so I thing that we will get some in the slot car world? :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
haha this brings up some 6th grade memoriesi got suspeneded for 2days for wearing a sprint car shirt that said beerhill on it after they told me not to but i wear a dale jr. bud shirt everyweek and they havnt noticed :roll:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
When they first banned alcohol sponsored "toys" I had to laugh when the Tecate cars were still being sold.

Marty

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is true I did see some a while back. so if manufacturers can make them and sell them as an adult toy in walmart then you would think that AW, LL, Tomy could do the same thing. Maybe with a little push from us we could get alcohol and tobbacco sponsored cars made.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I might be wrong, but what I understand is that to be an adult collectable and get around the law, the car must be mounted to the base. (I guess this keeps kids from playing with it?) :confused:

Evan

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Good point Marty, So arbitrary! So how come the all wise and all seeing didn't ban the sponsered cars of Jolly Rancher, Hershey's, Dew, Frosted Flakes etc... sugar, chocolate, and caffeine are highly addictive and can cause severe behavioral problems, even death! LOL. Seems like the broad brush of tar and feathers has a pretty selective gap right down the center. The self righteous should put their beer goggles back on for some better focus in such matters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts