Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting a Futaba 3PK, but since im on a slight budget I really need to save some $ and get a cheaper ($) radio. Is the MX3 a pretty good radio to race some oval with? Or do I just need to save for a while and just get the 3PK? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
i have the mx3. i've used it for multi vehicles for almost 3yrs now. it has all ness adjustments needed for oval racing in my opinion.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^Well the 3PK is the one I really want, but I only paid $30 for it so I went ahead and got it. I will probably get a 3PK later on sometime.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
airtronics radios are nptorious for problems in oval cars.. the radios work on a lower more efficient power system.. so ive been told.. on very large tracks they get glitches.. I know one guy who got one, and it ended up under the tire of his truck after a day of broken car parts..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well considering im only racing the 1/18 BRP's indoors right now it should do fine. If not, ill go ahead and get a 3PK.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have ran Airtronics at the velodrome for over 10 years with very few problems.New Castles old building was another story...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts