Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for a Major US Airline and have done for the last 7 years. What people say is true. If it say's FRAGILE... it's gonna get beat to hell. Remember Ace Ventura, Pet Detective.. the UPS guy with a fragile delivery.. that's all you need to know.

Carry on whatever you can, or ship UPS or FEDEX ahead of time. Keep in mind, if your stuff gets damaged, per US regulations.. it may not be covered by the standard checked baggage insurance. The back of your ticket shows the limitations on liability. It DOES NOT cover valuables such as electronics, jewelery or other high value items. Be sure to buy the extra insurance when you check in. Also, don't use a cardboard box.. they will not allow you to add insurance to a cardborad box, unless you ship it as freight ahead of time.

Originally posted by TBat007

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
hankster said:
I work for a Major US Airline and have done for the last 7 years. What people say is true. If it say's FRAGILE... it's gonna get beat to hell.
Yes I also work for a major airline and as he says above only take what you can in a carry on! Not to mention baggage theft is at an all time high right now, We have had to inlist strict security measures at the airport I work at now because of the theft!
hankster said:
unless you ship it as freight ahead of time.

Originally posted by TBat007
Only ship with UPS, DHL and Fedex ect ect... do not use the freight service offered by the airline! for one its super expensive, 2, it goes in the same baggage compartment as your luggage and gets beat around just like it would have if you would have put in your suitcase. Its not worth it! Just ship wit local carriers. Next day fedex is cheaper than same day airline and much safer. and easier to get your money of your stuff is damged or stolen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts