Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello could someone help me because my Craftsman air compressor Twin Piston 1 hp builds pressure without a problem but its spitting water through the intake reed valves!! I changed all of the gaskets so I dont think that could be the problem.. I removed the intake flapper valves(reed valves) cleaned them up and replaced them correctly and now its shooting air and water through these intake openings!! Any advice will be very appreciated.. Thanks all!

·
Registered
138 Posts
If its spitting anything out of the intake for the compressor, then you are still having a problem with the reed valve(s). I have never worked on craftsman compressors, but maybe one of the other guys have. A model no would be helpful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks and i am sure also that there is something wrong with the flapper reed valves but i cant figure it out.. I am wondering if they should be seated on o-rings ? The compressor reaches 100 psi very fast by the way.. Thanks and here is the model numbers

·
Registered
38 Posts
no the reed valves do not seal against o-rings, just the valve plate.

chances are the valve plate is dirty or the reed valve fell out of place while installing them.

take a soft wire brush and clean the surfaces that the reed valve would seal against. when reinstalling use grease to hold the reed inplace while seating the valve pate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks and just to make sure these flapper valves are on the head the valve plate has separate valves.. I will get to work on it today and thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts