Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is what most people dont want to do, but for my purpose it will work. I read where Super glue or Krazy glue will do this. Is there a way of controlling it? I want to see through it, but I dont want a crystal clear look either. Another junkyard thing I'm playing with.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
you could use some acrilic paint.( white). let it set for a min then blot the white out with paper towel. if you screw it up. just rince it off in luke warm water and try again if you dont want it white you can get a sand color. thats what i used on the truck i sent you.
normaly i use a pounce brush when i paint my rust colors and fogging windows.
i buy folk art paints found at walmart. prices vary from 50 cents to 80 cents found in the art area.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I stumbled on something stupid. I cant get out to go shopping much these days. What clouds up your shower? Bar soap. A simple cup of water, a bar of Ivory soap. Paint from the inside. That disgusting film that the commercials say we need to buy products from them to clean up? If it dont work I can run water over it and wash it off? Letting a test piece dry and it doesnt look that bad. I dont know if it can be clear coated (I doubt it) But then again... a :thumbsup: for soap scum!
I'm trying to use what I have at home instead of buying stuff.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Try using Acetone as Acetone loves Clear Plastic to mess it up in making it
go white. Don't let it sit too long as it will eat its way through. Then you can
lightly blotch brown paint on the edges for that JunkYard Dirty look. I know
some of them Finger nail Polish Remover makes the Plastic Glass go white
when touched.

Good luck and hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts