Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happened to log onto the Bay and found this set listed as BIN. I got it yesterday and I am a very happy guy!!

It appears the vans are missing the snakes stickers, but I am not sure. Can anyone confirm this?

I am glad I got the vans, but look at the box:

It is in FANTASTIC shape!! I had seen the vans before but I thought someone made the stickers themselves, until I saw them in SCJ's basement. I never thought I would get them at a decent price. The BIN price? $49.00:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

There is a lot of paperwork in the box but nothing that relates specifically to the Venomous Vans. Most of the track is trash. It looks like someone let a small child color on the track!! Plus the usual broken tabs.

Marty

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to ask. The stickers on the Vans do not match the poattern on the box art (besides the missing snakes). Are there more then one version?

Thanks,
Marty

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
You lucky,lucky bugger! I have some repo sticker sheets somewhere and they have the snakes on the orange van but not sure if I have the snakes for the yellow van.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Very rare vans indeedy. Nice score!

It looks like the stickers are included in the set but are left to the buyer to apply...hence the difference from the pics on the box.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I would like to take Wayne's stickers and make waterslides out of them for my own use.
He has some great stuff, but paper stickers leave MUCH to be desired IMO.

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Agreed Jim,

Offering the full AFX stickee catalog as slip-n-slides would interest me....lord help ya if ya get any moisture at all near those old cardboard transfers.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I saw those Vans and had no idea they were rare. I had someone offer a set to me recently but I didn't want to drive the 2 hours to get them. Live and learn!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
So it's not just me! The only Ebay auction that I haven't received my winnings was that seller. Emailed him and got a rude email back. Luckily it was just a cheap parts auction. I let it slide!!!

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,702 Posts
Cool Vans!!! I'd leave the stickers off too, always hated the paper add on's. The paint work looks cool enough, keep the stickers in a display...RM

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
cool. how do I figure the value of mine?

I picked a couple bodies up the other day at a local antique dealer for cheap,
how would I go about determining their value?

And has anyone seen the "Canada" vans?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I picked a couple bodies up the other day at a local antique dealer for cheap,
how would I go about determining their value?

And has anyone seen the "Canada" vans?
Check on line auctions and/or go to slot car shows.

What are the "Canada" Vans?

Marty

1 - 20 of 32 Posts