Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After running a few of these cars they are now due for some tune ups.

Curious me has to take a motor out of the chassis to see what makes 'em run.

#1. While I have the motor(s) out of the chassis , do I need to oil or lube any parts of the bushings or anything of the sort ? Or should I have done that before break-in or do these cars require a breakin period or pre maintance before running?

#2 . Now for my real question (problem to me).

How the heck do I get the dang motor assembly back into the chassis?
It seems if I stick the connector end of the motor in first the angle of the motor pod casing will not be allowed to fall in place due to the chassis .

If I stick the motor pod assembly in flush and square the connectors on the motor end will not fall in place behind the connectors that connect to the shoe springs.

How am I to get the motor back in the chassis?

·
Registered
41 Posts
SRTs aren't that hard to put back together, provided you didn't take the endbell off the can motor. Where in NC are you located? I'm in Winston-Salem, as is RawAFX.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The armature and the white end of the motor were not removed from the motor assembly, I just removed the whole motor assembly from the chassis.

I have 2 tiny copper tabs sticking out of the white end of the motor assembly that I cannot get by the to copper pieces that connect to the shoe springs when resetting the motor into place.

I'm in South Eastern NC , A littlle town called Shallotte Mid way between Wilmington NC and Myrtle Beach SC.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
suggestions

1. make sure you have the rear axle taken out of the chassis (snaps in and out)

2. angle the motor assembly at about 45 degrees relative to the chassis, with the white end bell down and the rear pinion up.

3. move the white end bell toward the pick up shoe busses, until the copper tabs on the end bell engage the copper pick up shoe buses

4 now lower the rear end of the motor assembly into the chassis. with a bit of fiddling the motor assembly will snap into the chassis. it takes a bit of fiddling, but once you figure it out its a snap:thumbsup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. make sure you have the rear axle taken out of the chassis (snaps in and out)

2. angle the motor assembly at about 45 degrees relative to the chassis, with the white end bell down and the rear pinion up.

3. move the white end bell toward the pick up shoe busses, until the copper tabs on the end bell engage the copper pick up shoe buses

4 now lower the rear end of the motor assembly into the chassis. with a bit of fiddling the motor assembly will snap into the chassis. it takes a bit of fiddling, but once you figure it out its a snap:thumbsup:
#4 Is the one I was having trouble with . I was not fiddling hard enough.

Turns out it is a lot like 1/32 scale but a little harder on the fingers. Slightly bending the rear part of the chassis helps. Thanks for the info.

It is a snap!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts