Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I searched ebay last night, I'll keep looking.
I bought the car at the St. Louis Slot Car Show yesterday. $20 for a near mint car and chassis. The only flaw was a hair line crack in the right rear fender which has already been glued and I am mixing paint now to do touch up.

· Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I have the stickers, cut and applied, and the car is beautiful!! (Thanks Wayne for the stickers).
Now I have a concern, how do I keep them that way? I usually apply future to all my new acquisitions to protect the tampos, decals, etc. Would a coat of future work on the stickers to help protect them plus keep them stuck down?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Gary
AKA LeeRoy98
www.marioncountyraceway.com

· Slotcar Fanatic
8,199 Posts
Hopefully you kept some of the fringe material from the sticker sheet (especially if it has some of the colored area on it). You can apply a piece of that material to a similar piece of plastic/body and dip in Future to see the result. That would be my first test before I took a chance on that Charger. You know you don't want to screw that one up. I've had great luck with Future on various waterslide decals, stickers may be a little different. Then again, you could email the maker to see if they recommend Future for their product. Let us know how it turns out. You are our ginuea pig. :eek: rr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.