Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I finally got an AFX Petty Charger at a price I could afford. Now I'm looking for the reproduction stickers that I know someone makes. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Gary
AKA LeeRoy98
www.marioncountyraceway.com

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I know there's a guy on evay who sells them, have yiu checked there yet? I've bought them to retore of few of my various Petyy cars and they're really nice

congrats on the recent score!

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I searched ebay last night, I'll keep looking.
I bought the car at the St. Louis Slot Car Show yesterday. $20 for a near mint car and chassis. The only flaw was a hair line crack in the right rear fender which has already been glued and I am mixing paint now to do touch up.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I have the stickers, cut and applied, and the car is beautiful!! (Thanks Wayne for the stickers).
Now I have a concern, how do I keep them that way? I usually apply future to all my new acquisitions to protect the tampos, decals, etc. Would a coat of future work on the stickers to help protect them plus keep them stuck down?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Gary
AKA LeeRoy98
www.marioncountyraceway.com

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Hopefully you kept some of the fringe material from the sticker sheet (especially if it has some of the colored area on it). You can apply a piece of that material to a similar piece of plastic/body and dip in Future to see the result. That would be my first test before I took a chance on that Charger. You know you don't want to screw that one up. I've had great luck with Future on various waterslide decals, stickers may be a little different. Then again, you could email the maker to see if they recommend Future for their product. Let us know how it turns out. You are our ginuea pig. :eek: rr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts