Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one of my AFX drag chassis! This one ran a 0.569 @ 38mph. 3ohm motor with polymer motor magnets. I used a modified Tyco Pro crown gear. That gear alone really woke this baby up!! I just got my Dash magnets! Now I need to build another to see how the magnets stack up. If I go to a lower ohm motor, I may be able to match the performance of the poly chassis at a much lower cost. This stuff is too much fun!!!!!

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
fun....you said it!

tjetsgrig,

I'm digging it...Vrooooooooom baby! :woohoo:

Bob...feel the need for speed...zilla

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Hey Jim ,
very Christmas like with the red rear tires and Green Oring fronts ! Ho Ho Ho that baby can Go Go Go !

Bear :wave:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
what length track are you running on? I have a t-jet with mean green- Jl magnets shunts etc. pretty much like you have set up and have run a low.5 on a short Psyco slots track @30 mph. it was the fastest car in my box except for 1 super G+ that ran slightly faster.
Clyde-0-Mite

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys!! I just gotta make these things go fast! I like to see how far you can push them.

Bear,
Inadvertant Christmas chassis!! I didn't even think about it..

Clyde,
I'm running a scale 1/64 scale 1/4, 20' 7.5". You must be running on a shorter track, or higher voltage. I'm running 2 batts in series for 25.3 volts.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Thankx Jim: yes that track is about 16 ft. Another track i have run the same car on is the same length. but a few more volts The car I mentioned has run in the mid 7's on that track. So you got my attention for sure.
Clyde-0-Mite

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankx Jim: yes that track is about 16 ft. Another track i have run the same car on is the same length. but a few more volts The car I mentioned has run in the mid 7's on that track. So you got my attention for sure.
Clyde-0-Mite
Yep, that's what I was thinking on that setup. Those numbers are consistant with my Mean Green chassis'. Try a 19 tooth Super II gear in it and watch it "come alive"!!

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Hey Jim ,
i did forget to ask but where did the red rears come from ? Wiz ? And what diameter ?

Bear :wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts