Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have all of the Daytona Cobras (I thought). I was just sent this photo of what looks like the Special Edition Gold #7. However, note that the number 7 is missing off of the doors (owner says both doors) and the writing is missing off the front fenders. The special edition cars were sold in Australia (which is also where this car is from). Anybody seen this one before or know anything about it? BTW, it is on a turbo chassis as opposed to the SG+ of the special editions, but we all know that buying a car used can have any chassis on it. I suppose it is possible, someone removed these items from the car, prototype, factory screwup ???
Charlie

·
Super G Man
256 Posts
daytona coupe

Tibet release?

I have all of the Daytona Cobras (I thought). I was just sent this photo of what looks like the Special Edition Gold #7. However, note that the number 7 is missing off of the doors (owner says both doors) and the writing is missing off the front fenders. The special edition cars were sold in Australia (which is also where this car is from). Anybody seen this one before or know anything about it? BTW, it is on a turbo chassis as opposed to the SG+ of the special editions, but we all know that buying a car used can have any chassis on it. I suppose it is possible, someone removed these items from the car, prototype, factory screwup ???
Charlie

·
Most Interesting Member
6,350 Posts
I love the classic gold look, but was there a real gold colored Daytona Cobra that raced in the 60s? I dont find any live examples on a search, but found this...

I have found gold versions of the GT40, but not the Daytona Cobra.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I could not find anything on a Gold one but I found an Army Green one with Elvis on the doors :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Guys
I think I have the gold one, I think the numbers are on it
I will hunt it up in the AM and get back with you

GT40

1 - 9 of 9 Posts