Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm 99-percent sure the clear window version only came in a special "Simoniz" promotional set. I believe the set came with two identical trucks with stickers that you had to apply yourself. I remember seeing pics of the set somewhere, but I couldn't find any after a quick search. I have one of the clear-window trucks (but no stickers) and I know they are pretty rare, although not many people know to look for them.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Clear Datsun...

I'll follow Kraz on that one. Not sure if it was a Simoniz or not, but I am pretty confident it was set only. I have one too, runner but complete and unbroken... no stickers though to verify.

-Marc and Marcus

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Does anybody have any info on this truck?

CLEAR WINDOW? with numbers weld / heat points look factory.

I could not find anything in page 116-117 in Bob Beers book?

Thanks for looking.

From everything I have been able to find on the clear glass no numbers yellow Datsun trucks is they are indeed from the promotional sets.

As mentioned, this is one of those "oddities" as they are difficult to find, but usually not more in price than a standard yellow Datsun Truck when you do finally find one.

As a side note, they did make a no numbers yellow Datsun, but with tinted glass.

-------------------------
www.SlotCarJohnnies.com

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
That one sure looks to be an original. The delicate touch on the masks is EXTREMLY difficuly to duplicate.

Just for the permanent record, and mind you, my memory is failing....

"I picked a bad time to quit sniffing glue" (Loydd Bridges-Airplane)

...but didnt Chris Rolph do a run of Datsun p/u's with clear glass...?

Seems like I 'member sumting like dat.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
That one sure looks to be an original. The delicate touch on the masks is EXTREMLY difficuly to duplicate.

Just for the permanent record, and mind you, my memory is failing....

"I picked a bad time to quit sniffing glue" (Loydd Bridges-Airplane)

...but didnt Chris Rolph do a run of Datsun p/u's with clear glass...?

Seems like I 'member sumting like dat.

Cris Rolph "Dragula" DID cast them, Bill. he cast in blue and Orange
and I believe he cast glass for them also in clear resin. I know he
was hunting for front chrome for them for a while.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I did do a run of those,some with clear glass and some with factory glass from dearly departed originals.Im still around,like a bent penny i keep turning up.Hope everyone is doing great and safe and sound.
Chris

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I did do a run of those,some with clear glass and some with factory glass from dearly departed originals.Im still around,like a bent penny i keep turning up.Hope everyone is doing great and safe and sound.
Chris
Glad your still around.

I have a clear glass original as well, I think I got it in trade here...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts