Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you are using the Associated Electronics (AE) Touring Car shocks for the center shock on your oval car? Why? And are you switching out the shock shaft? If so, to what length shaft? Thanks; Ernie P. :cool:

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
i have always used the tc shock on my cars. i do not switch the shafts. i just put longer ball cups on them. i think they are made by RPM.

Rusty NutZ

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Thanks for the response, Rusty. I am wondering if some people change the shock shaft to get a longer "sweet spot", or center area; to more easily keep the shock working in the middle. Thanks; Ernie P. :cool:

Rusty22 said:
i have always used the tc shock on my cars. i do not switch the shafts. i just put longer ball cups on them. i think they are made by RPM.

Rusty NutZ

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
The longer shaft will allow you to move the shock tower closer to the front of the car. I think that gives it more aggressive steering. I still run the HPI shock with the 36mm shaft. I think it comes standard with the 31mm shaft. Just my 2 cents anyway!! See you soon Ernie.

Joel White

·
Registered
156 Posts
I use the tc shock on most of my cars. Standard shaft with the rpm ball cups, and the 73 shaft and rpm ball cup when I want more steering by moving the mount more to the front. I've even used a 1" extension on the end of the shaft to get more still. It also seems to help plant the rear upon exiting the corner.

My 2 cents
Brad

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Ernie P. said:
How many of you are using the Associated Electronics (AE) Touring Car shocks for the center shock on your oval car? Why? And are you switching out the shock shaft? If so, to what length shaft? Thanks; Ernie P. :cool:
Yep, that's what I sell with all of the Darkside 1/10 oval cars. I do swap out the shorter shaft that comes with the shock and include one that I believe is 1.09" long.

-E

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Probably either the Associated or the HPI will work as good as the other once you "learn" the shock and are able to rebuild it correctly. My thought is and it's why I stick with the HPI; with it's bleeder hole it is MUCH easier to rebuild.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
For carpet, i dont think it matters as much, most guys say the HPI is best.. For cap tires, i always use the AE shock.. It always seems more consistent.. I think alot of people prefer the hpi or tamiya due to ease of the build and maintinace.. the AE shock needs to be rebuit more,, But if you figure out how to build it right, it will last just as long.. Get an associated aluminum cap for it and it will last for years..

·
R/C Nut
653 Posts
AE shock tip put the HPI white shock bladder in the AE cap and you get longer time and better feel in between rebuilds just my 2 cents

·
Registered
450 Posts
GS silicones makes a bladder and o-ring kit that works great in the Assoc shock. Don't need to rebuild as much and I also run a longer trk shock outdoors on the bumpier tracks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts