Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an old oval racer looking to get back into something with my son. No real plans on getting back into racing or anything. Just looking for something to play with out in the yard and on the cul-de-sac. These look very intresting. Any owners out there want to put in their 2 cents ? I know I am pretty much looking at apples and oranges, but I have been looking at these and a Stampede. I know I want to stay with electric as thats what I still remember. If you have any comments on either I would lie to hear them.

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
If you are just going to be playing around either one would be great I have both of them and me and my 4 year have a blast playing with them and racing them both
The 18mt is a greta truck too I have a 8000kv motor and a 3 cell lipo in mine and teh thing does about 70mph and I have only had to replace 3 diff gears over a 7 month time frame which is pretty good if you ever saw the way I ran it
The main thing on the 18t is the tierods pop off a lot but i like that becasue they pop off before something breaks
another week but good part is the front bumper where the hinge pin for the front arms go in it will rip out the hinge pin in a crash if you hit just catch the arm Which is good because it might have broken the arm. I keep a coupel spare bumpers on hand for when it completely wears out to where the arm wont stay in

All in all You can't go wrong with iether one but if I had to choose I would say the 18mt first Parts are real cheap and there just plain fun

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Promatch racer. That sounds like what I am looking for. My son is 4 and the MT I think will fit size wisewith his "Toy" Tyco MT. I have been reading that the LiPo and a brushless are the hot ticket for these. My old favorite track was the Indy velodrome, so speed still is defently something o intrest. My next question is runtime. What can I expect with one of these in stock form and would it be beneficial to go with a lipo right off the bat seeing as I will need a charger no matter what. Thanks again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alawys had good luck with your products in the past, don't know why I would not give you a call when I am needing something. Granted the last new pack I bought was a couple of sets of 2000's in 99.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Santa brought my son a tyco teenage mutant ninja turtle (his all time favorite) mt. I figure this is good enough for him till he gets a little older and can handle a "real" rc car. I figue the AE MT will be of similar size to this and will complament it better than a stampede. Now I just need to wait till the part time summer job kicks in so I can come up with the extra cash for one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts