Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted some advice from my friends here on HT. I won a bid on e-bay last week a 69 Carmaro Super Treasure Hunt and when I received it it has a very bad crease on it. I asked the seller what he could do and the only thing he is willing to do is offer me free shiping on another one that he has on auction. I am not one to complain but I fill that he should offer a refund. What do you guys say.:confused:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just wanted some advice from my friends here on HT. I won a bid on e-bay last week a 69 Carmaro Super Treasure Hunt and when I received it it has a very bad crease on it. I asked the seller what he could do and the only thing he is willing to do is offer me free shiping on another one that he has on auction. I am not one to complain but I fill that he should offer a refund. What do you guys say.:confused:
last i knew when considering to buy at a auction there you can see before you place a bid if the seller offers returns or not & it all starts at that

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
was it listed that it had a crease? is it easily seen in a picture? if so then nothing can be done, however if the picture was taken in such a way to make a bad crease not visible or it was not mentioned and the shipper sent in a well padded box and not a padded envelope then it should fall on him and he should offer a return or send you another super of equal value. however if he did ship in a bubble envelope then it sort of does still fall on him but not 100% as that size envelope should be hand processed. hope this helped.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
File a complaint to Ebay. Upper right of the page is Customer Service then choose Resolution Center. If that doesn't work file through PayPal.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When it was posted there is no crease visible and the car was shiped in a box and was bubbled wraped. There is no damage to the box. I agree it was his responsibility but as you all know nobody wants to be responsible for their actions. I will file a claim with E-Bay.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Advice

I agree with 1970AMX start a complaint with the resolution center, If the description didn't point out the crease then he disclosed information that would be vital to you as a collector as to what your decision was on bidding or not. Sounds to me like he (she) had 2 of the same, described and shot photos of the mint one he wants you to bid on now and sent you the not so mint. In the description did it say Mint or Near mint? if so, than they were misrepresenting the product. I have been a eBay diecast seller and purchaser for years and people who are dishonest need to be weeded out. Us, the collectors should not put up with bad listing practices. It makes it hard for want to be good honest sellers to sell their products. Ebay policy's are now all in favor of buyers. Sellers have no leg to stand on. It is completely your call.' File a refund of your money from Pay-Pal you will get it back

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info and comments here is what the descreption said:

THIS AUCTION IS FOR HOT WHEELS TREASURE HUNTS 4 CAR LOT. CARS ARE SUPER SECRET TREASURE HUNT: 1(ONE) '69 CAMARO; AND REGULAR TREASURE HUNTS: 1(ONE) '67 CUSTOM MUSTANG, AND 2(TWO) '65 CHEVY MALIBU.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts