Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Ive got one (BD)and ran it in on-road against some mamba's. No comparison. I will be running it this weekend in Oval at the birds warmup in Greeneville to see how it stacks up on the oval against the Mamba's and Tekin V203.

EA

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Eric,that would be cool to post your facts after greenville.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I left out part of it....Yes the BD is better than the Mamba in Onroad....no comparison there but Oval has yet to be determined.

I'll be sure to update after this weekend.

EA

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Eric -- were there any Tekin v203's there to compare to?
Nope but talked to several onroaders that say its better than the LRP but not as good as the AE. Its hard to tell though as there are not a lot of AE BD's out there for people to really compare too. Most is just hearsay.

EA

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Do we have a reason why they are 150 more than any other ESC?They look pimp and well thought out simple to use when we make the switch I would like to get a couple but thas an extra 300 bucks kinda crazy.

Jake

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Do we have a reason why they are 150 more than any other ESC?They look pimp and well thought out simple to use when we make the switch I would like to get a couple but thas an extra 300 bucks kinda crazy.

Jake
The main reason is the exchange rate for where they are made and also the first batch that came in (only batch to this point) was a rush order. Meaning all the componets that were needed to build them at AE were all air freighted in and then they were rush assembled (but correctly) and air freighted out. All this lead to the increase in price. Ive heard (not set in stone) that the next large batch that comes in that they should be in the 250 price range. Hopefully this holds true but still dont know for sure and its just rumor. I know that Frank is NOT making a ton on them now like people think he is.

EA

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Black Diamond

Any Body Running A B.d. ==speed Control== Are You Pluging The Rec. Pack Into Reciever Or Into Speed Control ===i Have A Smc. Rec. Pack ===dom

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
We had one of these at the track the other night they are rerally nice looking smaller than a LRP but about the same heigth,only thing I thought was weird was it came with 16 guage wire?:thumbsup:

Jake

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
We had one of these at the track the other night they are rerally nice looking smaller than a LRP but about the same heigth,only thing I thought was weird was it came with 16 guage wire?:thumbsup:

Jake
12th scale esc,16ga. wire

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well I guess the BD Esc can run oval pretty good also.Winning 12th. 10.5 Brian Wynn,10th. 10.5 Tommy Turnleft,and 10th. 7.5 Frank Ulbrik at the Spektrum RC Dash this weekend congrats guys.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
How did the AE do at greenville?

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
lol not the same story in greenville!

maybe all 3 brands are kinda equal in the right hands?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts