Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrates to those small few who were able to obtain the new ESC...you have offically killed the hobby...when they say its lonly at the top they wer right u will be all alone....nice job...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Actually this brings up a good point. So far most of the talk on here has been about the mambas... Has anyone really compared the mamba and the advanced speedos? What happens if the Advanced speedos are a lap or two faster than the mambas at the birds? Will all the guys that just spent ~$130/ gonna turn around and spend another ~$350-400? This should get interesting!

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
More and more racers are coming out against all this crap so maybe the horse aint dead just yet, eh?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Most all new products that perform well are next to impossible to obtain for the first couple months... Have you ever tried to buy a ksg or cefx car when they first hit the market?

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
The wheel is turning, but the hampster is dead.:(

Attachments

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
i think an entrie A main of 12th scale on-road at cleveland was made up of AE esc's and maybe more in the B mains something like 50 units were available for cleveland

mambas are sold out
AE sold out

the birds should be a blast!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I hate to break the news to you, but its called racing. Ricky Bobby put it best, "If you ain't first, your last!!!" If it goes slow, you need to throw more money at it. The one who dies with the most toys, wins.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
I hate to break the news to you, but its called racing. Ricky Bobby put it best, "If you ain't first, your last!!!" If it goes slow, you need to throw more money at it. The one who dies with the most toys, wins.

Felix Sabates (long time car owner 42 40 41) once said before he sold out to Chip Ganassi "people say money can buy you speed, well, I proved them wrong"

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
don't get me wrong, I never once said that you don't need talent and skill to race, I'm just saying that a lot of the faster guys don't have a limit on what they can spend on the hobby. That means they will always have the latest greatest equipment which normally means more speed

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
"help me oprah winfrey...help me tom cruise"

best quote ever!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrates to those small few who were able to obtain the new ESC...you have offically killed the hobby...when they say its lonly at the top they wer right u will be all alone....nice job...
First off, if you want people to take you seriously, when you post something, please have the decency to spell check.

Ok, this whole topic about the AE ESC is getting ridiculous. The hobby is not "officially killed". The official killers of the hobby are the so-called RACERS who keep killing it with the pessimistic views of the latest technology. Guess what, it happens! Get with it! ANY race that you go to, SOMEONE will have SOMETHING that A.) will be faster than you and b.) will be out of your budget. So just because a manufacturer found a product that is amazing, and you can't have one, the whole HOBBY is killed? Guess what!? I want a brand new Mercedes, but, oh wait, I CAN'T AFFORD IT. Am I going to stop driving my Jeep to work? uh-NO. I don't have a new AE ESC either, nor is it in my budget right now, but am I going to stop racing? uh-NO. I am going to work with what I have, enjoy the hobby for what it is, and practice my behind off so when one of these guys that is so much faster than me now nails a wall at an even faster rate in front of me, I can drive by them nice and smooth. The new ESC won't kill the hobby, the poor sports will. So what I say is suck it up and just race! And, I was at Cleveland this year, and was NOT running an Advanced, and have to say, I qualified ahead of a few of those that were running one. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get my hands on one also, but for now, I still love racing my car around, and just have something to look forward to in the future. What is going to happen when the NEXT new thing comes along that gives the next person an edge up on competition.....oh wait, that happens all the time! So what are we all complaining about....?? Props to CRC....

·
Registered
902 Posts
As a weekend club racer the new ESC's on the market may make me faster, But they won't make me a better driver.

I maybe wrong but doesn't a old ESC in the car of a great driver beat the hot new ESC's in the car of a so-so drive.

·
Registered
307 Posts
As a weekend club racer the new ESC's on the market may make me faster, But they won't make me a better driver.

I maybe wrong but doesn't a old ESC in the car of a great driver beat the hot new ESC's in the car of a so-so drive.
Great Scott, Rodney, I think its about hitting 88mph and disappearing before hitting our D-main

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.