Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Madcap, FAR-OUT Adams house I have some questions. Where can I get the Adams family car? What did you use for the dioramas base? Plaster & paper towels or clay? Love the color did you paint with airbrush or good old stick and hair brush?

I plan on doing a similar diorama that I plan on calling “Houses of the Hood”. I will use The (PL) Adams House. (PL) Psycho House. The resin Munster house (still need the JL cars for the Munster) I got at Wonderfest from Cultman a few years back and possible a scratch built Monster House (From the recent animated movie). Line them up on a street called Mockingbird lane with the Psycho house at the top of a hill then Munster’s, followed by the Monster house and last the Adams. Originally I thought of keeping this plan kind of Top secret so no one would copy the idea. But I matured over the years and now hope someone will take up this idea and make it. I just hope they would post some pics so I can steal (or take creative license) from their build up.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is an old and RARE Hotwheels 1935 Packard. You might try E pay for it, but it is very rare because when Hotwheels moved opperations from the US to China in 1983, they lost the mold for the car.

The diorama base is styrofoam, paper towels and plaster. 98% of the trees are branches from little shrubs. Sadly, a lot of them broke over the years.

The house was painted with a brush.

I wish I had time to block out the school crossing sign in the background. I took the pictures in the dark and didn't realize that the flash would have traveled that far (A good block away) and reflected the sign.

You know, I'd like to go outside at night, far away from my neighborhood and take some night photography around some of the parks in High River. the only problem is that I'd have to take my tri-pod, stands for the models, a table top, and the models themselves.

I don't want to feel like an idiot carring models around town either.

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Madcap, Its nice to see your kit. Excellent job. Hey, Firedog, as to your diorama. Great idea! I designed my 4' x 10' 4 lane ho slot track using Adamas house and Bates house, complete with a car eating swamp. I call it "Haunted Highway"

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Good deal Madcap! Nice to see a fresh take on the colors. I like the diorama you have done here. You will have to show some other diorama stuff if you have it. Mine is gonna be called "Graveyard beach". Will feature monster, hot rod, surf kits. It is going to be a dragstrip through a graveyard on a beach.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Madcap walking around at night with a tripod and monster model. I'm sure the local Barney with bullet in his pocket would think your completly normal and understand whats up. Funny I've been seen doing simalar things and no one seems to say anything however they do tend to grab their kids hold em close and cross the street and sometimes I think are trying to avoid me.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, you got me! It's a real ghost, and the Ghost's message reads "Cross here! OOOOHHHH! Cross Here!" It's the ghost of Norma Crockwell....THE CROSSING GUARD LADY of 1957! She's back from the dead, carrying out her unfufilled life's ambition of directing little boils and ghouls across the street.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually, Firedog, what I find with Alberta is that there isn't really anywhere to stop and park your car and get out of it to take a picture. All the cool locations are right along highways without shoulders, by "Restricted Areas" or so far away from somewhere that you have to walk blocks to get in that spot.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Lt. Firedog,
Somewhere on the web recently I saw a Munster's car but can't recall where because I wasn't interested at the time. It MAY have been eBait or some dealer's site. Wish I'd known then I'd have let you know.
Dabbler

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
5 new pics of the model.

The house looks more realistic since I incorporated it into the neighborhood row of houses.

What do you think?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts