Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,found a really cool article and got an idea.i have all these old russkit controllers sitting around so i figured id experiment.all it took was 4 feet of wire ,a t-jet copper p/u shoe and soldering equiptment and a small screw.and now my home controllers have brakes.the russkits should be the screw together type though. i used a piece of t-jet shoe as the contact ,the slot was used as the screw hole and then a small v bent in the end to contact the wiper,the wiper should make contact with the brake wire just after the wiper lifts fom the resistor but just before the trigger stop makes contact with the handle,reson for mounting it lower and opposite side was not to be close to contacting anywhere near the resistor.you do need to solder the red brake wire to the back side of the t-jet shoe.I used 14 ga wire but im sure you could prob go a little smaller ,anyhow ,it was tested and works very well.Im not sure if i posted this in the right place but if not ,feel free to move it to the proper location.heres a scanned picture of the non resistor side of the controller with the brake wire and contact hooked up.and the article that was written up. hope this is of use ,its cheap and fun.go to my gallery to check out the controller.http://homepage.mac.com/pmarchand/brakes_artin_143_control.htm
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top